+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa requirements for child born in United Kingdom

riz1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Hi every body.

My question is I am from Pakistan and studying in UK I applied for Canadian immigration and recieved my refernce number from CIC ,my problem is my daughter born in UK and law here states that as long as she does not leave the UK and seek to re-enter the Uk she does not need a visa to stay here but recently when I read visa office specific instruction in which they mentioned if you are not living in your home country you need to provide a copy of valid visa but I never applied one for my daughter as it is not illegal and I never plan to leave the UK during my study kindly some one help me on this issue because I only have 2 months to send my documents to canadian embassy and even I apply for a via now I may not get it due to the shortage of time Kindly advice me will this b sufficient that I attach the copy of her passport and British birth certificate.THANKS

Thanks for all replies but can any body please guide me either canadian embassy can refuse my application solely based on this reason as I am not worried about any other thing.I can not take a chance because my category is 0213 which is no more present in current required accupation list.Thanks

visa office specific coorect wording is

((TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS))
•Passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing:
•the passport number,
•date of issue and expiry,
•your photo, name, date and place of birth.
If you live in a country different from your nationality, include a photocopy of your visa for the country where you currently live.
•You must hold a valid regular passport; diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports are not valid for immigration to Canada.

one last thing what will happen in the case they really need a copy of the visa of my daughter will they ask me for it or just refuse my application on the basis of incomplete documents.KINDLY REPLY

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think if you and your spouse were not British citizen at the time of your child were born, your child is not a British Citizen. So she would need a visa to re enter UK.

riz1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Yes I know she needs a visa to re-enter the UK but my question is do we need a valid visa for her when I submit my case to canadian embassy for further processing of my canadian immigration application I recieved a reference number from CIC canada and advised to submit all documents to london visa office.But visa office specific forms states if we are not residing the home country we need to provide a copy of valid visa issued by country where we are present but for my daughter I never need it because acoording to UK law she does not need a visa as long as she lives in britain unless she leave the country and have to re-enter the UK.MY POINT IS DOES THIS BOTHER GUYS IN CANADIAN EMBASSY OR NOT AS UNDER THE EYES OF LOCAL LAW IT IS NOT ILLEGAL.THANKS

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Print out the web page from British immigration where it says that a baby born in the UK will not need a visa and write a letter to Canada immigration stating that this is why your daughter doesn't have and doesn't need a visa to the UK.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will just add something in Leon's message, which I think would be more appropriate:

Print out the web page from British immigration where it says that a baby born in the UK will not need a visa to continue living unless she reenter UK and write a letter to Canada immigration stating that this is why your daughter doesn't have and doesn't need a visa to live in the UK in the meantime.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Riz1

I believe the passage you are quoting in the visa office instruction relates and refers to the principal (and or spouse) not minors under 18. You'll only need to show proof of your valid visa (and spouse, if applicable) not for a minor, as your visa status obviously covers any minor in your family.

Peace!!!

riz1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
riz1 said:
Hi every body.

My question is I am from Pakistan and studying in UK I applied for Canadian immigration and recieved my refernce number from CIC ,my problem is my daughter born in UK and law here states that as long as she does not leave the UK and seek to re-enter the Uk she does not need a visa to stay here but recently when I read visa office specific instruction in which they mentioned if you are not living in your home country you need to provide a copy of valid visa but I never applied one for my daughter as it is not illegal and I never plan to leave the UK during my study kindly some one help me on this issue because I only have 2 months to send my documents to canadian embassy and even I apply for a visa now I may not get it due to the shortage of time Kindly advice me will this b sufficient that I attach the copy of her passport and British birth certificate.THANKS

Thanks for all replies but can any body please guide me either canadian embassy can refuse my application solely based on this reason as I am not worried about any other thing.I can not take a chance because my category is 0213 which is no more present in current required accupation list.Thanks

visa office specific coorect wording is

((TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS))
•Passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing:
•the passport number,
•date of issue and expiry,
•your photo, name, date and place of birth.
If you live in a country different from your nationality, include a photocopy of your visa for the country where you currently live.
•You must hold a valid regular passport; diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports are not valid for immigration to Canada.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rz1

Your chances of rejection based on all you are saying above is ZERO.

All that is required, as the principal applicant, is a copy of YOUR visa page. You're the applicant and that line that you've highlighted refers to you ONLY (if you so desire, you can send the same information for your spouse). Do not worry yourself over something that is not required.

Peace!!!

f2

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/ 2007
Doc's Request.
07/06 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
12/06/2007
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
04/12/ 2009
Med's Done....
09/01/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/02/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
04/03/2010
LANDED..........
25/08/ 2010
Riz1,
Why not safe your self this stress?.
Call the Home Office, book appointment, get letter from your school,her birth cert,
your bank statement,Go with your passport and your spouse pp and fill the form. The visa
will be stamped in your daughters passport without much a do as a dependant
except you have somthing to hide. If no, i dont think, this should be an issue at all.
It doesnt take time at all except that you will be asked to pay a premium fee for a day service.
All the best
F2

riz1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Not hiding any thing the only problem is my visa is expire in October and I plan to apply my daughter visa at the same time because it is only two months left if I go for premium service it will cost me around 750 pounds and after that they will only issue her a two months visa because my visa is expiring in October then I have to pay them again when I apply for my visa extension to extend the visa of my daughter as well I am only try to find out a way to save me this money 750 pounds . That is why I am asking what will happen if they really need it will they ask me for it or just refuse my application on behalf of considering it incomplete please help.

MoatazEissa

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010
riz1 said:
Not hiding any thing the only problem is my visa is expire in October and I plan to apply my daughter visa at the same time because it is only two months left if I go for premium service it will cost me around 750 pounds and after that they will only issue her a two months visa because my visa is expiring in October then I have to pay them again when I apply for my visa extension to extend the visa of my daughter as well I am only try to find out a way to save me this money 750 pounds . That is why I am asking what will happen if they really need it will they ask me for it or just refuse my application on behalf of considering it incomplete please help.
Hi riz1,

I totally agree with ANigerian.
The legal residency proof requirement is to test the elegibility of the principle applicant ONLY to the the specific visa office.
for example if your spouse lived the last year in a different country for any reson she will will still be eligible to your visa office as the whole family application must be processed at the same visa office... so the criteria is the principal applicant ONLY.
do not bother yourself by issuing a 2month visa that costs 750 pound !
Realx and everything will be fine :)