+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa requirement for Canadian Permanent Resident to Enter US as Commercial Truck

CanadaItIs

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

A friend of mine is a Permanent Resident of Canada. He want to drive truck to US to make delivery of cargo goods. Does anybody know if he require Visa to enter US as Commercial Truck Driver? If yes, which type of Visa is required? I know for sure that Canadian Citizens don't require Visa to enter US as commercial truck driver but I am not sure about Permanent Residents.

Thanks in advance!!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
CanadaItIs said:
Hi All,

A friend of mine is a Permanent Resident of Canada. He want to drive truck to US to make delivery of cargo goods. Does anybody know if he require Visa to enter US as Commercial Truck Driver? If yes, which type of Visa is required? I know for sure that Canadian Citizens don't require Visa to enter US as commercial truck driver but I am not sure about Permanent Residents.

Thanks in advance!!
depends i guess which countrys passport your friend holds given is only a PR not a citizen.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanadaItIs said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!!
1. You need a B-1 https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/ports-entry/cargo-security/carriers/land-carriers/how