+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejection on the basis of not a bonafide student and return on completion.

amramjb

Mar 6, 2017
Hey there.
I had applied my Visa for Canada at Centennial College. In Marketing Management. It's basically a Master's Diploma. I had completed my bachelors in Business Administration - Marketing for the University of London.
I had enough funds and ties that would surely link that I would return back after my completion of Masters
The Visa officers stated that the rejection is based on you not being a bonafide student and your return upon completion is unsure. I am applying from Pakistan.
My medical was clear. All my documents are fairly strong. Property and Bank statements are pretty handsome.
I have the previous acceptance letter and the Portal account of Centennial College, Toronto.
Now i'm again applying for the September intake at Centennial College in the same course like I did before.
I don't know what the exact reason was for my rejection
But if anyone would guide me on how to apply again? that is if I need to attach more documents or something. Because previously when I applied. All my documents were complete and I had a professional check on them before filing the Visa.

Please I would like some advice or suggestions on this matter.
i am very concerned.

neelpatel19071994

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi- Online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
19/09/2015
Med's Request
Submitted
Med's Done....
19/10/2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2017
LANDED..........
Soon ( 11th in Apr'17)
amramjb said:
Hey there.
I had applied my Visa for Canada at Centennial College. In Marketing Management. It's basically a Master's Diploma. I had completed my bachelors in Business Administration - Marketing for the University of London.
I had enough funds and ties that would surely link that I would return back after my completion of Masters
The Visa officers stated that the rejection is based on you not being a bonafide student and your return upon completion is unsure. I am applying from Pakistan.
My medical was clear. All my documents are fairly strong. Property and Bank statements are pretty handsome.
I have the previous acceptance letter and the Portal account of Centennial College, Toronto.
Now i'm again applying for the September intake at Centennial College in the same course like I did before.
But if anyone would guide me on how to apply again? that is if I need to attach more documents or something. Because previously when I applied. All my documents were complete and I had a professional check on them before filing the Visa.

i am very concerned.
As you are going to apply for Sept intke now, you have time.
Get the CAIPS notes first to know the excat reasons and comments made by your Case Officer.
Accodring to that reasons and comments, make a strong sop justifying all the reasons/comments made by VO.
And for other docs, as u r telling they all r perfect and professionally checked, so u need to make a new strong sop.
For that, first get the CAIPS notes.

Reactions: nursesnow

amramjb

Mar 6, 2017
Thank you. :)
is there any other way other than getting the CAIPS documents?
What other strong points should I write in my SOP?
I stated all my ties to my home country. I presented my property statements and my net worth in Canadian Dollars as well. I stated all the obvious.
On my Visa rejection form, just one item was checked which is 'Not a bonafide student and your return upon completion is unsure'

Other than they have not stated any other reason, that is on that rejection document.
Yes indeed I'll be applying for the September intake. But I have my documents ready and I was thinking for file the Visa beforehand. That is if I get a visa I could travel earlier.

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
amramjb said:
Hey there.

i am very concerned.
Hey,

1. Get the CAIPS notes which explains you the exact concerns of the Visa Officer. It will take 30-35 days to get it, but it will be very useful when u apply for the next time.

2. Have a re-check on the course you have selected, whether its a Diploma level programme. If so, its better to change it to PG level or Master level as you already hold a Bachelors Degree. (Personal Suggestion :))

Logical progression of career/studies is always expected by the Visa Ofiicer

Good Luck !

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I got the exact same reason from Pakistan despite that i had a scholarship, strong ties, strong bank statement, strong SOP(as per lawyer and many others), strong academic background. My university was Dalhousie and course was MASc electrical engineering. There is a different problem with Pakistan these days. I have mentioned this in my previous post.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/almost-all-visa-are-rejected-in-710-days-from-pakistan-submitted-in-february-t477455.0.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I suspect that the diploma you applied for is too similar to your bachelor's degree. You would have to show how this diploma advanced your skills and was different than your previous degree.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hello Helican,

There are a few packages listed in the website you had mentioned.
Example , CAIPS BASIC - $15, CAIPS BASIC PLUS - $20 etc.
Which one is recommended or has worked for you in your previous attempts?

Thank you very much.
I took their SOP service after my refusal and that worked for me and others on this forum.

Reactions: Hew123

Hew123

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
yeah, in my 3rd attempt.
What is so unique with the SOP written by them?
Do you recommend to request them to write a SOP for me after my first refusal?

And also, what is the difference between a SOP and a letter of explanation?

In my first study permit, i only submitted a letter of explanation. I dedicated one paragraph to state my purpose of visit in the letter of explanation.

Jun 13, 2019
Hello
I am planning to apply for Canada study permit but I have done my masters in USA and after returning I dint work now I am planning for mba in Canada so I need strong sop to justify my case. I have seen here sop from https://www.caipsgcms.com will be helpful.
It would be greatful if anyone can let me know who reliable it is?