+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejection (Need Help on next steps)

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
If you get a new officer looking at your case when you reapply, he’s going to see the GCMS notes in your case, and those issues are going to be ones that he’s looking at.

The best possible case for you is if all the negatives that went in the case are all addressed in your SOP/LOE.

Reactions: Ironclad

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
If you get a new officer looking at your case when you reapply, he’s going to see the GCMS notes in your case, and those issues are going to be ones that he’s looking at.

The best possible case for you is if all the negatives that went in the case are all addressed in your SOP/LOE.
Okay understood, thankyou. Will do it accordingly as suggested by you.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
yes get GCMS notes. because second application will be based upon previous refusal unlike first application.

things to keep in mind:

1- personalize your letter and talk about your ambitious, dreams and plans. talk about your self. tell VO a story about yourself. people love narratives. also please don't make up things or take ready template from forums.

2- be very very very specific about your choice of program and the college ( why that college ? whats specific elements of the program will make you advance ? why you can not take the program in your country ? why Canada ? please stuff like international exposure or diversity won't work anymore they might work with young applicants but not ones with 5 years in the industry with past education.

3- again again show that u are genuine student and trustworthy person. address all the points mentioned in the GCMS. travel history is bonus. / educational loan is also bonus / family staying back is also bonus / property in name is also bonus / strong reason to comeback is also bonus / job offer is also bonus.

and good luck

Reactions: Aesopzai

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
yes get GCMS notes. because second application will be based upon previous refusal unlike first application.

things to keep in mind:

1- personalize your letter and talk about your ambitious, dreams and plans. talk about your self. tell VO a story about yourself. people love narratives. also please don't make up things or take ready template from forums.

2- be very very very specific about your choice of program and the college ( why that college ? whats specific elements of the program will make you advance ? why you can not take the program in your country ? why Canada ? please stuff like international exposure or diversity won't work anymore they might work with young applicants but not ones with 5 years in the industry with past education.

3- again again show that u are genuine student and trustworthy person. address all the points mentioned in the GCMS. travel history is bonus. / educational loan is also bonus / family staying back is also bonus / property in name is also bonus / strong reason to comeback is also bonus / job offer is also bonus.

and good luck
Thankyou. I will consider all these points while preparing new sop

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Get your GCMS notes. It will be more specific.

You need ties to India. Jobs upon return, property, spouse, things that give you a reason to want to be there and not in Canada.

You need a letter of explanation and statement of purpose. You need to address anything named in the GCMS notes, and explain why you want that program, how it will help your career, how it will make you more money than you would make back home, and why it will be useful when you return to India.

Understand - while you likely want to stay (nearly everyone does), a study permit is a permit to study, for legit students. He needs to be convinced you are a legit student. Any staying in Canada after is a nice bonus - a study permit is for you to get a degree, and that degree needs to be useful, make sense, and be worth more than the cost.

If you are not looking to study, then you don’t get a study permit.
if visa gets rejected we need submit both SOP and letter of explanation ?? or only letter of explanation will do ?

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
if visa gets rejected we need submit both SOP and letter of explanation ?? or only letter of explanation will do ?
They are essentially two different purposes, even if combined.

The Statement of Purpose is about you trying to help the goals make sense, and demonstrate you are genuine. The LoE is more about focusing on the exact issues that the agent has, and addressing them in a concise, defensible manner.

As an example, a LoE might address an issue where they felt your total funds in PoF were insufficient. Your response could be something like "My school considers 12 credits full-time, and taking 12 credits per semester instead of 15 drops the cost significantly. Additionally, I have a roommate lined up which will reduce my rent from $900/mo to $450/mo. Additionally, the tuition and fees include a U-Pass, which means I have unlimited public transit access. This means no parking fees, no gas, no auto insurance. Given that, my PoF exceeds $10,000 plus the first years expenses, as required. My parents will be contributing additional funds for further years".

Such a letter would do a great job of explaining why you know the funds you have are enough for the tuition and expenses, but the officer thinks they don't. You would not put that kind of statement in your SoP.

Your SoP might explain why someone with an engineering degree is making a transition to law, however. Perhaps businesses in your home country are excited to work in Canada, and the TPP and other free trade agreements can bring great opportunities. As a Canadian lawyer, you could assist companies back home in obtaining Canadian patents, and your bilingualism and experience in engineering will be invaluable for patent work. A SoP like that helps contextualize your actions, and let the officer get in your head, and can be done before specific issues are raised by him.

You can merge them together in later applications if you want, but it's often better to separate them and make it very clear that these are the rebuttals to the officer's conclusions. Make it easy for the next officer in line to see exactly why that officer was wrong.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
They are essentially two different purposes, even if combined.

The Statement of Purpose is about you trying to help the goals make sense, and demonstrate you are genuine. The LoE is more about focusing on the exact issues that the agent has, and addressing them in a concise, defensible manner.

As an example, a LoE might address an issue where they felt your total funds in PoF were insufficient. Your response could be something like "My school considers 12 credits full-time, and taking 12 credits per semester instead of 15 drops the cost significantly. Additionally, I have a roommate lined up which will reduce my rent from $900/mo to $450/mo. Additionally, the tuition and fees include a U-Pass, which means I have unlimited public transit access. This means no parking fees, no gas, no auto insurance. Given that, my PoF exceeds $10,000 plus the first years expenses, as required. My parents will be contributing additional funds for further years".

Such a letter would do a great job of explaining why you know the funds you have are enough for the tuition and expenses, but the officer thinks they don't. You would not put that kind of statement in your SoP.

Your SoP might explain why someone with an engineering degree is making a transition to law, however. Perhaps businesses in your home country are excited to work in Canada, and the TPP and other free trade agreements can bring great opportunities. As a Canadian lawyer, you could assist companies back home in obtaining Canadian patents, and your bilingualism and experience in engineering will be invaluable for patent work. A SoP like that helps contextualize your actions, and let the officer get in your head, and can be done before specific issues are raised by him.

You can merge them together in later applications if you want, but it's often better to separate them and make it very clear that these are the rebuttals to the officer's conclusions. Make it easy for the next officer in line to see exactly why that officer was wrong.
Hello, I am preparing the SOP & LoE as per the points mentioned by you. I was thinking to share them with you, so that you can enlighten some missing points. Can you share your email id or something?

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
I've PMed my email. I don't have a lot of spare time, and need to make it clear that I am not an immigration consultant. While I do occasionally comment on things in a general matter (like other people on the forum), my opinions are my own and may not reflect your specific circumstances.

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
I've PMed my email. I don't have a lot of spare time, and need to make it clear that I am not an immigration consultant. While I do occasionally comment on things in a general matter (like other people on the forum), my opinions are my own and may not reflect your specific circumstances.
Yes I totally understand that and appreciate your guidance for the community. I just want to get a review from someone having a good experience. :)

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
Hey, I have dropped an email to you with my SOP. Can you please take a look at it to highlight mistakes if any. This will be much helpful for me!! :)