+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected twice for my brother, his wife and kid

mega12345

May 6, 2018
Hi @Bryanna , my brother got rejected second time for his, his wife and daughter visa . I am sharing the list of documents he attached to support his application.

Proof of financial support
  • National pension scheme (CAD 14K)
  • Provident fund (CAD 12k)
  • Salary Statement of brother and sister in law
  • Bank Account of brother (CAD 25k)
  • Bank account statement of sister-in-law (CAD 7k)
  • Credit card statement (CAD 5k, 0 balance)
  • Property assessment by CA (Approx. CAD 220K)
  • Couple of Life Insurance Investments (CAD 100k)

A detailed itinerary day by day

26th June:
Date of arrival at Toronto Pearson Airport
26th - 28th June: Relaxing at home
29th - 30th June:
2 Night Stay at Hotel (Approximately CAD 250)
Food (Approximately CAD 200)
Attraction Tickets (Approximately CAD 150)
Explore Montreal (Old Montreal, Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal, Montreal Botanical Garden, Old Port of Montreal, Downtown, Mount Royal)
1st July:
1 Night Stay at Hotel (Approximately CAD 150)
Food (Approximately CAD 100)
Canada Day Celebration, Ottawa (Parliament Hill), Rideau Canal, ByWard Market
2nd – 5th July:
Relaxing at home
6th – 7th July:
1 Night Stay at Hotel (Approximately CAD 150)
Attraction Tickets (Approximately CAD 150)
Niagara on the lake, Niagara Falls (Horseshoe Falls, Niagara Sky Wheel)
8th – 9th July:
Relaxing at home
10th July:
Attraction Tickets (Approximately CAD 100)
CN Tower, Toronto Downtown (Nathan Phillips Square, Bay Street, Yorkville village)
11th July:
Dinner at my brother’s favorite Thai Place (Approximately CAD 100)
Explore Scarborough Bluffs Park
12th – 14th July:
2 Night Stay at oTentik (Approximately CAD 250)
Food (Approximately CAD 200)
Explore Thousand Islands National Park
15th – 16th July:
Relaxing at home
17th July:
Departure to India from Toronto Pearson Airport

A provisional ticket for the intended time

His and his wife’s NOC letters from their respective departments. Both are government employees.

For Proof of relationship
  • My & Brother's Indian passport to prove relationship
  • My Birth certificate
  • My Canadian Passport
  • My wife Canadian passport
  • My marriage certificate
  • Utility bills
  • Bank account statements of my and my wife's
  • Bank account statement of my business account

He received the rejection today saying the ties are not strong enough, finance is not sufficient and the answers were not truthful enough

I am thinking of applying again before their Nocs expires which takes another 6 months to get.

Is there anything I should add. What am I missing

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
what were the reasons for refusal and have you overcome them?

Sorry just read it, what answers were not truthful enough? did you hide any information? If they do not believe you are telling them the whole truth that can make them not believe the rest of it.

Finances seem good, ties you can approve by leaving the wife and child behind....I know that's not the best answer. More important is why do they think you are not being truthful? You can order notes and find that out. Did they not declare previous visa refusals?

Last edited:

mega12345

May 6, 2018
what were the reasons for refusal and have you overcome them?

Sorry just read it, what answers were not truthful enough? did you hide any information? If they do not believe you are telling them the whole truth that can make them not believe the rest of it.

Finances seem good, ties you can approve by leaving the wife and child behind....I know that's not the best answer. More important is why do they think you are not being truthful? You can order notes and find that out. Did they not declare previous visa refusals?

They did not hide anything. They provided the application id and uci code for previous refusal.

That’s what I don’t know why did they think that he is not being truthful. No explanation was given.

Can you please elaborate on how to order notes?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They did not hide anything. They provided the application id and uci code for previous refusal.

That’s what I don’t know why did they think that he is not being truthful. No explanation was given.

Thanks
Did they specify that they had been refused a visa in the past? Thee answer would have changed to yes.

Agree they should order GCMS notes. Assume they may not have traveled to Europe, UK, Australia, US, etc as a family at least once or more. Not sure if your brother or sister had a travel history separately. I suspect the lack of travel history and wanting to all travel together is a big issue. How long a visit did they specify?

Jss592

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018

Thanks