waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
soon
Hello All,

My profile is- BCOM Grad 2010- 58% Since Then working as an assistant to IT adviser.
IELTS-6.5
Funds- 10 Lac loan, 7.5 lac savings.
Course -GBM Humber 2 years.

Reasons for Denial-

1. You have not satisfied me that you will return to India after Studies.
2. Study Mismatch :eek:

I wrote in the SOP that I would return back to my home country after the completion.

I'll be applying again in the General Category. So could you guys shed some light what is wrong with my application. So I can rectify It. :)

mrkashif

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
There was nothing with your profile.the only reason of rejection is" College". The are refusing the college students with same reasons.so just try to get admission in university and then file your visa.u will definitely get the +ve response.
Thats the hidden truth.
best of luck for your future

diksjay

Jul 24, 2011
Arrie said:
Hello All,

My profile is- BCOM Grad 2010- 58% Since Then working as an assistant to IT adviser.
IELTS-6.5

Reasons for Denial-

"Dont just write that you will leave Canada after study, support your statement with strong proof e.g. your salary slips if you were working in India or show some web links that shows there best opportunities of GBM field in your home country"

2. Study Mismatch

Try relevant course

I wrote in the SOP that I would return back to my home country after the completion.

I'll be applying again in the General Category. So could you guys shed some light what is wrong with my application. So I can rectify It. :)

Arrie

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Visa Office......
CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
soon
mrkashif said:
There was nothing with your profile.the only reason of rejection is" College". The are refusing the college students with same reasons.so just try to get admission in university and then file your visa.u will definitely get the +ve response.
Thats the hidden truth.
best of luck for your future
Thanks for the Reply. I think you're right but I'm pissed off seriously. All the hard work of getting loan sanctioned and the documents went to waste. Had high hopes of visa. Feels like I've letdown the whole family. Feel like crying.

Arrie

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Visa Office......
CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
soon
Erm okay. Thats one point taken. Can I re-apply with the same college? Different course. Will It deter my chances again?

mrkashif

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
yes dude i understand ur feeling at the moment.i am also suffering these conditions.but you never let down ur hope.just try in university and apply again with strong sop.u will definitely get the +ve response.

Arrie

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Visa Office......
CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
soon
Any more advice please.

avinda

Jun 9, 2012
You need to show strong home ties in your home country. Get a net worth assessment of your sponsor (specially of parents) assessed by a chartered accountant to show that you have reasons to come back to your own country. Also after your B.COM degree, it seems like you were working in a field not relevant to your studies. GBM too is not very related to your current job, right? Regardless of that, try and solidify your case by explaining how you could benefit from your studies.

Arrie

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Visa Office......
CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
soon
avinda said:
You need to show strong home ties in your home country. Get a net worth assessment of your sponsor (specially of parents) assessed by a chartered accountant to show that you have reasons to come back to your own country. Also after your B.COM degree, it seems like you were working in a field not relevant to your studies. GBM too is not very related to your current job, right? Regardless of that, try and solidify your case by explaining how you could benefit from your studies.
Hello,

We don't have a huge net worth.Only to say we have a house and a plot that we can call our own asset.In BCOM there was subjects related to Tax in the final two years. So I got an option of learning from top IT advisor of my city and I took it. Now I feel I need to pursue higher studies for my career. GBM is like MBA I suppose and Yes, I will work on my SOP this time.

As I said we don't have much property and has a consiiderable amount of cash. This will dampen the case.

Arrie

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Visa Office......
CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
soon
BUMP.

Any more valid points to help me out. ;D :(

Robb

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
Hi Arrie,

Try to choose a course closely relevant to your present job and past studies. As you were refused previously, it would be better if you can change the institute you are applying for, most preferably an university degree in finance/ accounts/ accounting laws etc.

theamandeep

Dec 27, 2010
Amritsar
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 :) (L6.5, R6.0, W6.5, S6.0)
Interview........
amandeep.walia91 @ gmail.com
Arrie said:
Hello All,

IELTS-6.5

Reasons for Denial-

2. Study Mismatch :eek:

mostly rejections come of humber college , No one knows well but its true.Specially that GBM course
there are more two persons on this forum got refusal of humber college in GBM course one is "dineshonet" ,I am also b.com grad. from GNDU university amritsar , Thinking of taking GBM in humber but after researching on this forum for 6 months ,I avoid it and Its not worth course of the fees that you pay for it, better try in university or go for another college and another course but remain in business or magt stream.

best of luck.

Arrie

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Visa Office......
CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
soon
Robb said:
Hi Arrie,

Try to choose a course closely relevant to your present job and past studies. As you were refused previously, it would be better if you can change the institute you are applying for, most preferably an university degree in finance/ accounts/ accounting laws etc.
Hello, Thanx for the reply.

Yes I will go for a more specific course rather than IBM or GBM but this time in a University.

Arrie

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Visa Office......
CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
soon
theamandeep said:
mostly rejections come of humber college , No one knows well but its true.Specially that GBM course
there are more two persons on this forum got refusal of humber college in GBM course one is "dineshonet" ,I am also b.com grad. from GNDU university amritsar , Thinking of taking GBM in humber but after researching on this forum for 6 months ,I avoid it and Its not worth course of the fees that you pay for it, better try in university or go for another college and another course but remain in business or magt stream.

best of luck.
Right Yaar.

I will try for a University but this time with a 1 year PG. Won't run around in circle. My main motive is to settle in canada. We all have the same motive I guess.

theamandeep

Dec 27, 2010
Amritsar
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 :) (L6.5, R6.0, W6.5, S6.0)
Interview........
amandeep.walia91 @ gmail.com
Arrie said:
Right Yaar.

I will try for a University but this time with a 1 year PG. Won't run around in circle. My main motive is to settle in canada. We all have the same motive I guess.
yes of course we all are in race of same motive, but i suggest to apply for lambton or centennial college

with same 2 yr course, because 2 yr students have long commitment with studies and it helps in winning visa.