+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected due to wrong name in passport, what to do next.

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
Hi,
My brother is planning to visit me in Canada.
He applied for visitor visa, but while applying in the vfs office, the officer there found out that the name in his passport was not correct.
His name is :
first name: abhi, last name: kumar
in his passport his name was: first name: abhi kumar, last name: <nothing>
Even my brother had not noticed this mistake before.
The VFS office suggested to refill the form with first name as "abhi kumar" and leave the last name empty.
He had also submitted other supporting documents including air ticket(both way), his income tax return, salary stub of his current job in India. All the documents had his correct name, first name: Abhi, last name: Kumar
His visa has been rejected, the reason cited are :
1. travel history, however he has not make any foreign travel
2. No salary information, he had provided his tax returns.

I believe the cause of reject is the name in the application did not match with the name in supporting documents. This might have caused confusion. Please let me know if you think the cause can be something else.

He has gotten his passport corrected now and he is planning to apply again.
In the application, there is place where u need to tell if you have applied before. based on this information, visa office shall see two names.
What should we do for that. Should we attach some other document to support that the earlier name was incorrect.

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

An incorrect name (which is not really the case for your brother) is not a reason for a refusal.... unless the applicant's name in the TRV application form is very different from the passport name.

As his TRV refusal states Travel History and Lack of financial documents (pay slips).... these are the reasons for refusal.

Your brother must provide adequate reasons/evidence to prove that he will return to India after his visit + prove he has the finances to support his visit.

While the ITR confirms he is a tax payer, it does not cover his current financial situation.... hence, your brother must submit the latest 6 months' payslips + employment letter + last 6 months bank statements + proofs of financial investments (if any), etc

In the application, there is place where u need to tell if you have applied before. based on this information, visa office shall see two names.
What should we do for that. Should we attach some other document to support that the earlier name was incorrect.
He must state he has a previous TRV refusal.

He must also explain the different passport names for these two applications along with the passport numbers and issue details/copy of any affidavit submitted to the passport office for correcting the surname field/birth certificate, etc

Hope this helps :)

barjees

Dec 11, 2016
hi i have applied for my mother and father online for visitor visa but i made a mistake on my mother application i wrote her first name is nargis on the form but on her passport she has no first name but her last name is nargis.
i submitted my documents last week today i realized my mistake i do not know what to ?

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
Hello Friends,

I have similar problem , having different in allies name of my mother .
Name on passport is Neetabahen .
while all other documents has Neetaben .
Should I change name in passport from Bahen to Ben , befor applying TRV .

Please help . I am expecting my first child and want my mother with us.

thanks in advance.

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what ever your informal names or names used else where; when you apply for visa your name in forms should match with what ever written in passport, the officers know how name variation goes in subcontinent, date of birth and place of birth also support your ids

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
ashek1520 said:
His visa has been rejected, the reason cited are :
1. travel history, however he has not make any foreign travel
2. No salary information, he had provided his tax returns.
He needs to show his own bank balance to support him through the visit time in Canada and also show no objection letter from his employer to prove that he will return to continue his job.

Ammujaedon

Jul 8, 2021
HI...
My applicant name in 1295 form is misspelled...but I completed the BIL with the passport name. They told me to mail delhi immigration and proceed with the passport name...will the visa be
rejected?