+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refussal after passing all complete and extra documents online

GeraldineA

Jun 30, 2014
Hello I am a Filipino, Nurse but currently working now as a Yoga Instructor for more than a year now. I am a Filipino and applied for a visitor Visa to Canada online thru CIC website last June 26, 2014. I am very sure that I passed all the needed documents. My bank statement with 150 thousand pesos there, a letter of invitation from my friend, proof of accommodation as I will stay at his family's house, his T4, passport, birth certificate. I also passed a reference letter from my employer and a certificate of employment stating the my leave of absence for 3 months has been approved, my valid passport, my property(land title) a letter of support from them by means of free lodging and food. Just today June 30, 2014 I recvd my application saying that I am refused. This is just unbelievable! I dont know what's wrong? I dont even know who is the officer who examined my documents, they did not even gave me a call or contact number to whom should I ask for my concern. This is rediculous!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Three months is a long trip. Have you travelled extensively before - and to countries requiring visas?

My guess is that CIC thinks you have plans to remain in Canada long term. If you are staying with a friend for three months and that friend is covering your food and lodging - CIC likely believes you are more than just friends.

GeraldineA

Jun 30, 2014
I've traveled to Malaysia before but not to countries requiring visa. We provided proof of relationship and our pictures together. Yes we are more than friends that's why I will visit him and his family to spend more time with them. His mom also send a letter of invitation for me.

The reasons for refusal were:
1. Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
2. Your current employment situation
3. Your personal assets and financial status

First, Limited employment? I included to passed my certificate of employment stating how long was i working on that company, approval for LOA, my salary, my employer also gave me a reference letter. What else do they need?

Second, current employment situation? what about it? I am a permanent employee for more thana year already with a higher to average salary in Philippines.

third, My personal asset? I gave my bank account and bank certificate- I have total money in the bank= 150,000 plus I have proof of asset the land title under my name...

So what is lacking? What is wrong with CIC? or what is wrong my my documents? Please I need a valid answer to this from CIC as well. How can I contact them? They did not even include on the email who examined my papers?

What should I do to convince CIC that I will leave before my visa expires? I mean I have permanent work in the Philippines, I have property here(land title) that's a big property. Should I change imy visit to 2 months instead?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes Three months is a long time. Even 2 months is a long time. Try 4 weeks tops.

What company gives a leave of 3 months? Of course the officer would think that you have long term plans. It is very easy to leave a very good job that you had for a year or so and stay in Canada with your boyfriend. This is what the officer thinks because lot of people have done it before.

You can not contact CIC complaining. You can order the report explaining the refusal.

You can try again after a while with a stronger case and you might get lucky.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
"Limited employment" doesn't refer to you specifically but to the Philippines in general.

I think CIC has concerns about your employment situation because you have been granted three months off. For jobs that are really permanent, it's far more typical to be given only 2-3 weeks off at a time.

The issue you're facing is that too many individuals from the Philippines have abused their Canadian visitor visa priviledges in the past and overstayed their allowed visit. Or they have used the visitor visa as a way of getting to Canada so that they can then be sponsored for PR by a Canadian boyfriend / girlfriend or live with their boyfriend / girlfriend in Canada. For this reason the fact that you are in a relationship with someone in Canada will likely make it even more difficult for you to obtain a visitor visa.

If you want to apply again, I would shorten your trip to three weeks.

GeraldineA

Jun 30, 2014
Okay let's say I will reduce the length of my visit to 1 month.. Would that be enough? It's sad that CIC would generalize my situation to other nationals who abused this privilege.

Yes I am a permanent Yoga instructor and sure my employer allowed me to visit for that duration.. But anyways, that is not that case to CIC.

I wonder how these nationals abused this privilege if you are only entitled to visit a country for a limited time and of course you have to exit after that. I mean that should be the case.

I will never visit a friend in canada whom I barely know of course.. So I will visit a close friend of mine there and get to know his family. He visited in Philippines before for almost a year so we mostly spent time.

What are other evidences that I can provide to CIC? I already gave my certificate of employment with LOA, my property- land title here in Philippines and my parents are here and they have business too.. My sisters are working in Kuwait for more than 10 years already and regularly come home to Philippines to visit..

What are the other things that can help me approved this application this time?

M

mikeymyke

GeraldineA said:
I wonder how these nationals abused this privilege if you are only entitled to visit a country for a limited time and of course you have to exit after that. I mean that should be the case.
Its called overstaying a visa, and yes it happens a lot in Philippines, and many other developing countries. These people abuse the privilege by simply remaining in Canada after their visitor visa expires. Personally, I think overstaying a visa is the dumbest thing anyone can do. No SIN, no driver's license, cannot work a real good paying job unless doing illegal cash jobs, no access to universal health care system. Is it really worth it to live a life like this, knowing that you are one police pullover away from being deported?

It probably happens a lot in Philippines because many people there wish to move away from there due to poverty, limited job prospects, and what not. Philippines has a very high net migration loss, meaning more people leave the country than enter it. Filipinos are the #1 source of new immigrants last year, and year after year, they are consistently one of the fastest growing minorities in the country. Its likely because many Filipinos want to leave their country and live here, and due to this strong desire to leave, you will have lots of people who come here legitimately, along with lots of people who want to come and stay illegally.

It sucks that people who want to come here as a legitimate visitor are scrutinized more because of what their fellow countrymen did in the past, but how else is CIC supposed to determine which countries to restrict access? Instead of blaming CIC, we should be blaming the people who made this happen. Look at Mexico for example. So many people from there file refugee claims, CIC had to go so far as to declare Mexico a "safe" country, and put visa restrictions on them.

My wife who is from Vietnam, I would say Vietnam and Philippines are similar in terms of standard of living and quality of life. Unlike Vietnamese, at least you guys don't need biometric data (which means CIC treats these countries as high risk), you guys have your own visa office with a decent processing time, (Vietnam has to share with 12 other countries : Singapore), and you guys seem to have strong programs in place that allow you to send many people to get work permits/live in caregiver. Many Vietnamese dream of even getting a work permit. My wife and I are planning to apply for a visitor visa in 3 weeks, and we too believe we have strong documents like you, but at the same time, we're not overly optimistic, and we are fully expecting a refusal.

dnetplayer

Jul 1, 2014
Reapply again...

Shorten your stay for less than a month, of course submit a flight itinerary of this 2 to 3 weeks stay.

Submit your Certificate of employment and payslip.

Submit at least four months of your bank statement.

Hope this helps.

GeraldineA

Jun 30, 2014
Yeh we are planning to re apply but will make it to 1 month this time..

By the way I have a valid visa to kuwait... So I am thinking to go to kuwait from Canada. I can also show them a copy of my visa to Kuwait...

What else do i need to do?

Thanks a lot for your response. I really appreciate it

GeraldineA

Jun 30, 2014
or make it 3 weeks in Canada instead... If i have visa to kuwait and will leave canada and go to Kuwait. Will this be enough evidence that I will leave the country?

I will stay in Canada for 3 weeks and 2 months in kuwait( which already have visa on this one)