File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do we have to do another court marriage after her divorce? We already did court marriage before the traditional Indian Wedding.
Yes, you will need to get married again. Your first marriage is not valid from Canada's perspective since you got married when your wife was still married to someone else.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If she’s been living away from him for 13 years she can apply for divorce right away. It will still likely take 3-6 months to process, possibly longer if she can’t serve him the papers. As far as IRCC is concerned, her marriage to you is invalid. You’ll have to remarry again after the divorce. If you have been living together for over a year, you could apply as common law.

Reactions: I will

I will

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Yes, you will need to get married again. Your first marriage is not valid from Canada's perspective since you got married when your wife was still married to someone else.

I mean do we need to do another court marriage since we have a court marriage certificate?

bian07

May 19, 2017
Do we have to do another court marriage after her divorce? We already did court marriage before the traditional Indian Wedding.
Yeah you need to marry again, immigration wont recognize your first one because she was still married

Reactions: I will

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I mean do we need to do another court marriage since we have a court marriage certificate?
Your marriage is invalid in Canada. You can’t be married to 2 people at the same time. You would need to be legally married again after her divorce is final if you plan to be sponsoredas married.

I will

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Then what is next.....should she appeal against our rejection or wife take divorce from first husband........if she take divorce....is she can sponsor after marry me?

VancouverBoy

Jun 8, 2020
if she Lives in Canada she have many Options to seek advise from City Office. or she need to get lawyer. person once married is married until she able to Provide Divorce or Death Certificate. Married person doing remarried it's Fraud. and fall under illegal marriage in abroad.

I will

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Actually she first time visit to india with her friends.she stuck in forcefully marriage on gun point. They took her passport all documents.When i came back to canada she inform to authorty ......she dont know when that guy apply and rejected.....when she do marriage with me first she took single status certificate from canada high commion.....she did not mention in file regarding that accident...interviewr took that guy name then she explain to interviewr it was not valid marriage and she was not aware

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually she first time visit to india with her friends.she stuck in forcefully marriage on gun point. They took her passport all documents.When i came back to canada she inform to authorty ......she dont know when that guy apply and rejected.....when she do marriage with me first she took single status certificate from canada high commion.....she did not mention in file regarding that accident...interviewr took that guy name then she explain to interviewr it was not valid marriage and she was not aware
She must have known it was a valid marriage if he applied for sponsorship and it was denied. She would have been aware of the spousal application process. She should have been honest and included the 1st marriage, even if it was forced, in her application. CIC was already aware of it. As others have already said she can get divorces in Canada without him.

I will

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Guy family submit paper in embassy..i check her first marriage record in india..no record of marriage registration..guy family submit fake documents...we did IAD appeal....if we request can they check marriage certificate record???