+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused

mihachris

May 5, 2016
So my visa just go refused. The reasons are listed below:

• You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
    decision, I considered several factors, including: travel history, employment prospects in country of residence, current employment situation
  • Your proposed plan of study does not appear reasonable in relation to local alternatives and your previous education and work experience.

My situation is kinda weird but I explained them in detail everything in the letter of explanation. I applied as a greek citizen but I live in Albania currently.

I just finished my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering. However I applied for a colelge diploma in Concept Art, because it has been a passion of mine the last years. I explained them that, although I've been studying engineering, I wanna pursue art right now and I even attached my portfolio link.

Also, the school I was admitted was one of the few worldwide to offer that degree and you have to be skilled to be accepted. Europe has no such schools and I told them that.

I was 100% honest with them and got refusal. It makes no sense, people get accepted to Canada to study engineering and business which can be found in every country, whereas my school is really rare and I get refusal. Also, according to them, am I not allowed to switch careers? I provided lots of evidence to prove them that it is something I'm serious about.

Any ideas for steps I have to take to reapply?

prabhas_fan

Jul 12, 2016
can you please tell which course you applied and also did you wrote any letter to Visa officer to explain your passion in art.

mihachris

May 5, 2016
Concept Art diploma at Syn Studio, which is a DLI. You can google it.

Yes, my letter of explanation was extremely thorough, I covered all the reasons they have refused me.

Regarding studying art, I attached my portfolio, explained them it has been a passion of mine during the last years, and also told them that my school accepts only skilled individuals who are already good at art.

mihachris

May 5, 2016
I shared a link, cause I applied online. I didn't know where to attach it. The thing is other students have been accepted to the same program but they did not attach any portfolio.

Maybe I should have attached it in the same document of my letter of explanation?

prabhas_fan

Jul 12, 2016
Apart from statement of purpose you have to write a letter to visa officer that explain why you choose different program from your background...and also you have to share the hard copy of your portfolio.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
mihachris said:
Concept Art diploma at Syn Studio, which is a DLI. You can google it.

Yes, my letter of explanation was extremely thorough, I covered all the reasons they have refused me.

Regarding studying art, I attached my portfolio, explained them it has been a passion of mine during the last years, and also told them that my school accepts only skilled individuals who are already good at art.
It's not always possible to gauge the exact reason of refusal from the reasons mentioned in CIC's refusal which are often generic umbrella reasons.

That being said you should definitely re-apply addressing the reasons of previous refusal. Make sure to indicate why that particular is more beneficial to you than a similar institute in your home and residence country. I'd suggest be specific with the example rather than making generic comparisons.

That being said, the VO is equally probable to refuse you again. make a paper-based application and include all the paperwork

prabhas_fan

Jul 12, 2016
mihachris said:
I shared a link, cause I applied online. I didn't know where to attach it. The thing is other students have been accepted to the same program but they did not attach any portfolio.

Maybe I should have attached it in the same document of my letter of explanation?
Exactly, please apply through paper based...in that clearly mention why you are interested in that field and attach your portfolio also tell them after completing yout course i will come back to my own country like that.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Will likely be refused again as Computer engineering to concept art is a big leap but no harm in trying again.

mihachris

May 5, 2016
harvijay1001 said:
It's not always possible to gauge the exact reason of refusal from the reasons mentioned in CIC's refusal which are often generic umbrella reasons.

That being said you should definitely re-apply addressing the reasons of previous refusal. Make sure to indicate why that particular is more beneficial to you than a similar institute in your home and residence country. I'd suggest be specific with the example rather than making generic comparisons.

That being said, the VO is equally probable to refuse you again. make a paper-based application and include all the paperwork
There are no institutes offering this degree neither at my home country nor country of residence and I explained that. But, I could be more thorough and explain the difference between Art and Concept Art (there is a significant difference).

Another issue was prospects of employment. The thing is, neither of my countries have high prospects of employment in this field. However, I explained that as a Greek citizen, I'm a European citizen, which means I can move freely in Europe. And Germany, UK, France, etc. offer many jobs at my field with relocation assistance. Did this reasoning harm my application?

Thank you, I consulted with the school too, waiting for their answer.

mihachris

May 5, 2016
Bs65 said:
Will likely be refused again as Computer engineering to concept art is a big leap but no harm in trying again.
I am aware of that, but also the evidence are strong that I am passionate for art. I mean at this age people should be expected to make career changes.

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
mihachris said:
So my visa just go refused. The reasons are listed below:

• You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
    decision, I considered several factors, including: travel history, employment prospects in country of residence, current employment situation
  • Your proposed plan of study does not appear reasonable in relation to local alternatives and your previous education and work experience.

My situation is kinda weird but I explained them in detail everything in the letter of explanation. I applied as a greek citizen but I live in Albania currently.

I just finished my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering. However I applied for a colelge diploma in Concept Art, because it has been a passion of mine the last years. I explained them that, although I've been studying engineering, I wanna pursue art right now and I even attached my portfolio link.

Also, the school I was admitted was one of the few worldwide to offer that degree and you have to be skilled to be accepted. Europe has no such schools and I told them that.

I was 100% honest with them and got refusal. It makes no sense, people get accepted to Canada to study engineering and business which can be found in every country, whereas my school is really rare and I get refusal. Also, according to them, am I not allowed to switch careers? I provided lots of evidence to prove them that it is something I'm serious about.

Any ideas for steps I have to take to reapply?
apply for caips/gcms notes to find out the exact reason for refusal,

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
mihachris said:
The problem is that it takes 5-6 weeks which may be a bit too much. But I might consider it. Thanks!
Yep that is why I didn't suggest it.

But no harm in applying for the caips/gcms notes in parallel as well in case you need to defer and try for a later term.

pepo2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Sorry what is gcms?
I googled it but im not sure, is it mean that cic has free access to our personal data?