n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
crazyfrog1990 said:
Can I do masters in Computer/IT after doing Bachelors in Electronics ???
u may get admission with some pre requisite but u run the risk of course mismatch during visa

crazyfrog1990

Aug 15, 2012
Once the university grants me admission after seeing all of my qualifications, does CHC still have the right to reject my visa?? What are the possibilities upon which CHC can reject a student visa ??

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
crazyfrog1990 said:
Once the university grants me admission after seeing all of my qualifications, does CHC still have the right to reject my visa?? What are the possibilities upon which CHC can reject a student visa ??
getting admission is not a guarantee of a visa
like i said above CHC can reject on the basis of course mismatch.......

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
crazyfrog1990 said:
The visa refusal based on course mismatch comes after being admitted by the university in a particular course. So if there is a course mismatch then it will be hard to get visa.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@ Mead, Venkat, Inam

Could you please help as I am also having B.Tech in Electronics and Work Exp in MNC-TCS ( IT Sector ) from the last 2+year.

Please have a look at my profile and suggest whether I am eligible to apply for Course Based Masters. M.Engg in IT/CS related stream OR its a Course Mismatch ??

If,In case, I am being granted some Pre-requisite Courses, How many Subjects it comprises of and What is the duration to complete it and jump to Main Program

Profile:

10th -86%
12th - 82%
B.Tech - 74% electronics
IT Work ex - 2 years in SAP QA
IELTS - yet to give

Also, Do Suggest some Low-Budget Univ to apply based on my requirements

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
SumitSingh said:
What to do now? please help me out
[/quote

dont know ur exact profile..but seems to me a mismatch....u have bachelors degree did u apply for a lower level course ? lab tech seems like lover level course. select courses who requirement is a bachelors degree

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mayank_6 said:
@ Mead, Venkat, Inam

Could you please help as I am also having B.Tech in Electronics and Work Exp in MNC-TCS ( IT Sector ) from the last 2+year.

Please have a look at my profile and suggest whether I am eligible to apply for Course Based Masters. M.Engg in IT/CS related stream OR its a Course Mismatch ??

If,In case, I am being granted some Pre-requisite Courses, How many Subjects it comprises of and What is the duration to complete it and jump to Main Program

Profile:

10th -86%
12th - 82%
B.Tech - 74% electronics
IELTS - yet to give

u have to do ur research urself. there are a whole lot of universities and too many different choices. go on google search for university web sites ask them ur specific questions. no one here is qualified to answer ur question regarding pre requisites and admission requirements only universities can answer them for u.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
SumitSingh said:
What to do now? please help me out
Get admission in some pharmacy related course.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
mayank_6 said:
@ Mead, Venkat, Inam

Profile:

10th -86%
12th - 82%
B.Tech - 74% electronics
IELTS - yet to give

1. Your academic profile is very strong so it might be easy for you to get visa once you get admission.

2. For admission in master's degree you require a minimum of 16 years of education so if you fulfill this requirement then you can get admission in master's.

3. As far as master in IT is concerned, you have to make your case so that the university finds it a strong case. For example, I am a mechanical engineer and I am able to get admission in Petroleum engineering at University of Alberta just because I had my work experience in Oil and Gas sector. your case is similar you have to write a strong SOP and mention clearly why you want to switch fields.

4. As I wrote previously, your case is strong due to your percentages and job experience, so if you get admission in IT, while filing your case for visa, write SOP stating the similarities between your previous education, your job experience, how your job inspired you to get higher degree in IT etc. However, I want to make clear that I had not filed my case on MS Petroleum engineering, I went for MS Mechanical.

billad

Jul 26, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
SumitSingh said:
10th = 83%
+2 = 66 %
B>pharm - 64 %
Course - chemical lab tech
reason - course mismached
doesn't sound mismatched.... sad to hear that

Gunpowder

Star Member
May 4, 2012
crazyfrog1990 said:
Can I do masters in Computer/IT after doing Bachelors in Electronics ???
i dont think for masters they will make problems...lots of people do masters on IT after finsihing BSc in EEE

crazyfrog1990

Aug 15, 2012
Gunpowder said:
i dont think for masters they will make problems...lots of people do masters on IT after finsihing BSc in EEE
That sounds good. I am very much interested in doing masters in Computer Science or IT... Searching some low cost universities !! :)

Kashif995

Aug 3, 2012
India
Visa Office......
Delhi - Online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
crazyfrog1990 said:
That sounds good. I am very much interested in doing masters in Computer Science or IT... Searching some low cost universities !! :)
For January or September session?