+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refused, what to do next??

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
2010 - Passed 10th with 60%
2012 - Passed 12th in Commerce with 75%
MAY 2012- JUNE 2013 - Passed CA CPT (ICAI)
SEPT 2013 - ENROLLED FOR IPCC (ICAI)
NOVEMBER TO DECEMBER - ICAI ORIENTATION PROGRAM
JANUARY TO FEBRUARY 2014 - ICAI IT training.
2014 March Enrolled for B. COM FROM K. U. DISTANCE EDUCATION, Completed the same in June 2017 with 70% aggregate without any back logs
Started job with Creative Printographics Ludhiana on 1st August 2017 till 30th November 2018.
Completed IELTS on 13th Oct 2018 with
LRWS = 8.5, 7.5, 6.5, 7
APPLIED FOR LAMBTON COLLEGE TORONTO AND GOT OFFER LETTER ON 15TH NOVEMBER 2018.

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
On 9th April, I applied offline SDS category. Got refusal on 24th. No mail received yet, regarding the refusal reasons.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
On 9th April, I applied offline SDS category. Got refusal on 24th. No mail received yet, regarding the refusal reasons.
Ok, that's better. What course did you apply for?

I'm guessing your refusal will be a combination of financials + you will not leave Canada. Can you tell us about your financial situation (what you told IRCC) and your ties to India?

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Applied for Business Management course, Lambton College. Told IRCC that family income is around 18.20 lakh INR per annum + whole my family is here is India, parents, brothers and sisters.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Applied for Business Management course, Lambton College. Told IRCC that family income is around 18.20 lakh INR per annum + whole my family is here is India, parents, brothers and sisters.
Did you give a strong reason in your SOP of how your course choice aligns with your educational and work background?

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Didn't mentioned how much my salary was, moreover, no travel history and even didn't attached any salary receipts along with experience letter.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Family income isn't enough. You have to show actual assets in hand, you can't just go on future income. Your family being in India isn't a strong tie - a strong tie would be having a wife and/or a child in India + property that you own.

But I think we should wait for the email with the reasons for denial. You'll probably get that in a day or so, come back and paste it into this thread and many people can help then. We can give you specific advice.

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Did you give a strong reason in your SOP of how your course choice aligns with your educational and work background?
Yes, mentioned that since starting in my commerce stream I was good in Business subject even score 95/100 in it and after that had work experience to gain practical knowledge about business.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Didn't mentioned how much my salary was, moreover, no travel history and even didn't attached any salary receipts along with experience letter.
Refusal reasons are generic. Order caips notes and try to sort out the refusal reasons in your sop and extra documentation if needed.

All the best

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Family income isn't enough. You have to show actual assets in hand, you can't just go on future income. Your family being in India isn't a strong tie - a strong tie would be having a wife and/or a child in India + property that you own.

But I think we should wait for the email with the reasons for denial. You'll probably get that in a day or so, come back and paste it into this thread and many people can help then. We can give you specific advice.
Oh I see, does the envelope has the refusal reasons in it?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, the email will give you a couple of generic reasons. You saw those in the other thread.

While GCMS notes give more detailed information, it's often more then enough to read the generic reasons and check your profile. For example, if your refusal letter doesn't say anything about your financial situation, we don't have to waste time on it.

GCMS notes are most useful when your profile looks very strong and it's not at all obvious why you were refused. Your case isn't like that. You don't really need the notes just yet.