+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refused under Section R216 (1) (b)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have actually done my Masters in HR and now applying for IBM in TRU.
Ielts- 6.5 not less than 6
MBA- 80%
BBM-61%
12 th- 91 %
Financially showed more than 1 cr and savings
5 years of work experience
(2 yrs as HR cordinator and 3 years Client Handling)
I doesn’t make sense to do another masters. It is fairly clear that you are not a genuine student and you are studying purely do to immigration. The choice of school is also an issue. TRU has a very high percentage of international students and not a great ranking. If you were attending a top university you may be able to justify doing another masters.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I doesn’t make sense to do another masters. It is fairly clear that you are not a genuine student and you are studying purely do to immigration. The choice of school is also an issue. TRU has a very high percentage of international students and not a great ranking. If you were attending a top university you may be able to justify doing another masters.
The IBM is not even a Masters program. It is a PG diploma for people from a non-business background. OP has Masters in HR and works in the field so a TRU diploma makes no sense and does not provide education nor career advancement.

Waipwt

Sep 18, 2021
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

May I know anyone can advice me?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

May I know anyone can advice me?
Order GCMS notes. Need more information about yourself - funds, ties to home country, length of visit, age, why visiting, travel history, single

Waipwt

Sep 18, 2021
Order GCMS notes. Need more information about yourself - funds, ties to home country, length of visit, age, why visiting, travel history, single
I thought that GCMS notes no need because it showed the reason already? I might be wrong.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I thought that GCMS notes no need because it showed the reason already? I might be wrong.
Okay. Purpose of visit is a general statement that can mean many things. Good luck .

Waipwt

Sep 18, 2021
Okay. Purpose of visit is a general statement that can mean many things. Good luck .
Ok thanks a lot. I will try to get it