+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refused under Section R216 (1) (b)

Oct 3, 2017
I have received the CAPIS file.

The reason has been given as
"Communications Engineering in 2013 and has been employed with Infosys for approximately 4 years in position of Senior Process Executive, Search Analyst (6 months). Gap in studies is of concern. Not evident why PA would leave paid employment within her field to pursue the proposed program abroad at great expense, given the above, and her family's modest income. SOP examined. Concerns persist. I am not satisfied that the PA is not applying for unknown reasons other than studies and as such would be a genuine student. Based on the above, on balance, I am not satisfied that the proposed studies are reasonable in the light of qualifications/educational background. I am not satisfied this applicant is a bona fide student. Weighing the information on hand in this specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the completion of their studies pursuant to section R216 (1)(b) of IRPA. Refused."

I had submitted financial documents showing 10 Lacks fixed deposit and 70k INR as monthly income for the family including mine. My mother's income is 40,000 INR per month. I have paid GIC and Semester Fees already. Also showed loan papers.

I did not work in the field that i studied. I worked for Digital Marketing for total of 4 years and not more than that.

In SOP I mentioned I had to come back to India clearly due to family reasons and dad's business which I would be a part of after studies.

Regarding Education gap, are they mentioning my BE education and the decision to proceed with education now? because i don't have any other education GAP.

Will i get visa if i apply for Marketing Management which is 1 year study and it includes Digital Marketing in the course ware.

Also am i allowed to apply for visa again as they have rejected me based on Section R216 (1)(b)

Other information regarding my profile:

10th - 86%
12th - 79%
BE (ECE) - 73%
IELTS score - 7.5 overall with 6.5 in writing and speaking and 8.5 in reading and listening.
GIC and College Fee - Paid

I have history of arrears as 8. This was because of a major accident i met with that caused head injury which required several surgeries and prolonged medication. I attached Doctor certificate and discharge summary with SOP as my consultancy as me to do so.

Regarding work, I have been into Digital Marketing and web designing for past 4 years and has been the award winner for Best Employee and Extra Miler for every single Year that i worked.

Please advise me on my next visa application.

regards
Nandha

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are already employed in digital marketing I am not sure they will consider that a 1 year course in Marketing Management will be beneficial to your career. My opinion.

gurpreet1994

Nov 30, 2019

"Communications Engineering in 2013 and has been employed with Infosys for approximately 4 years in position of Senior Process Executive, Search Analyst (6 months). Gap in studies is of concern. Not evident why PA would leave paid employment within her field to pursue the proposed program abroad at great expense, given the above, and her family's modest income. SOP examined. Concerns persist. I am not satisfied that the PA is not applying for unknown reasons other than studies and as such would be a genuine student. Based on the above, on balance, I am not satisfied that the proposed studies are reasonable in the light of qualifications/educational background. I am not satisfied this applicant is a bona fide student. Weighing the information on hand in this specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the completion of their studies pursuant to section R216 (1)(b) of IRPA. Refused."

I had submitted financial documents showing 10 Lacks fixed deposit and 70k INR as monthly income for the family including mine. My mother's income is 40,000 INR per month. I have paid GIC and Semester Fees already. Also showed loan papers.

I did not work in the field that i studied. I worked for Digital Marketing for total of 4 years and not more than that.

In SOP I mentioned I had to come back to India clearly due to family reasons and dad's business which I would be a part of after studies.

Regarding Education gap, are they mentioning my BE education and the decision to proceed with education now? because i don't have any other education GAP.

Will i get visa if i apply for Marketing Management which is 1 year study and it includes Digital Marketing in the course ware.

Also am i allowed to apply for visa again as they have rejected me based on Section R216 (1)(b)

10th - 86%
12th - 79%
BE (ECE) - 73%
IELTS score - 7.5 overall with 6.5 in writing and speaking and 8.5 in reading and listening.

I have history of arrears as 8. This was because of a major accident i met with that caused head injury which required several surgeries and prolonged medication. I attached Doctor certificate and discharge summary with SOP as my consultancy as me to do so.

Regarding work, I have been into Digital Marketing and web designing for past 4 years and has been the award winner for Best Employee and Extra Miler for every single Year that i worked.

regards
Nandha
Hi. Reasing your post and found I am today going through same situation. Did u reapplied and got your visa?

Prachi_P

Nov 24, 2021

10th - 86%
12th - 79%
BE (ECE) - 73%

regards
Nandha
Hey I have same Refusal Reason what have you done after that?

Inder-41

Dec 28, 2021
Same case here. I am also finding a solution to this query. If anybody wish to discuss. Please dropa message on whatsapp 8383043201

rajat_07

May 30, 2022
i had similar type of rejection.. i reappied and got my visa... i can help you Whatapp 91790 817 7033...

dhanyasai

Aug 25, 2022
I have actually done my Masters in HR and now applying for IBM in TRU.
Ielts- 6.5 not less than 6
MBA- 80%
BBM-61%
12 th- 91 %
Financially showed more than 1 cr and savings
5 years of work experience
(2 yrs as HR cordinator and 3 years Client Handling)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have actually done my Masters in HR and now applying for IBM in TRU.
Ielts- 6.5 not less than 6
MBA- 80%
BBM-61%
12 th- 91 %
Financially showed more than 1 cr and savings
5 years of work experience
(2 yrs as HR cordinator and 3 years Client Handling)
Why are you planning on taking IBM?