+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refusal

Solak

Dec 20, 2016
Kindly advise me on this my visa was denied 2 days ago on a ground that not sure to return after completing my study and that I didn't truthfully answered all questions. My resumption states May 7 I don't know may be I can still reapply withing this period 1st application was dropped on Jan 20th. I was given an opportunity to reapply if I can provide explanation to what was raised by the VO.
Can I reapply to meet the May resumption?
2. How do I go about providing strong LoE to justify my return with my parents having investment in Nigeria and I was sent to develop myself in this area. wh was started in my former application which was my

Solak

Dec 20, 2016
Share your profile and country
I am from Nigeria and I applied from Nigeria having secured an admission for a master's degree in curriculum, teaching and learning with MUN I had a B.ed Economics and a M.Ed in Educational Evaluation from a university in Nigeria.
I supplied all documents with my sponsor being my mother who owns a school.
but I was denied on the ground that I would not return after my study and that I didn't truthfully answered questions asked.

zahraa

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
It seems because u already have a master in education. Why didn't u apply for a phd?
I am from Nigeria and I applied from Nigeria having secured an admission for a master's degree in curriculum, teaching and learning with MUN I had a B.ed Economics and a M.Ed in Educational Evaluation from a university in Nigeria.
I supplied all documents with my sponsor being my mother who owns a school.
but I was denied on the ground that I would not return after my study and that I didn't truthfully answered questions asked.

zahraa

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
I have a question .. how long did it take to receive the letter of acceptance from MUN? I applied for an MA in English for fall 2018 .

Solak

Dec 20, 2016
It seems because u already have a master in education. Why didn't u apply for a phd?
yah thanks
I chose not to apply for PhD because I don't have some requirements demanded and more so here's another area where I think I should venture into and then have a PhD in the new field.
and I think the school should have looked into this before granting me an admission.
please I think on how to respond to the point raised by the VO that may be I won't return after the study or was it because I made mention in my LoE that I would like to pursue my PhD after the masters degree.
kindly advise on what next to do

Solak

Dec 20, 2016
I have a question .. how long did it take to receive the letter of acceptance from MUN? I applied for an MA in English for fall 2018 .
MUN would get back to you minimum of 6 weeks after application deadline.
mine deadline was Sept 15th and I got response Nov 9th

zahraa

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
yah thanks
I chose not to apply for PhD because I don't have some requirements demanded and more so here's another area where I think I should venture into and then have a PhD in the new field.
and I think the school should have looked into this before granting me an admission.
please I think on how to respond to the point raised by the VO that may be I won't return after the study or was it because I made mention in my LoE that I would like to pursue my PhD after the masters degree.
kindly advise on what next to do
Well If I was in ur place I would talk about how the specified degree is related to your previous employment or if you weren't employed u could say why this degree will expand ur knowledge in areas not tackled in ur previous degree. Also relate ur future plans. Since ur mom owns a school, mention that u want to prepare yourself to take a leading role at ur mom's school and that this degree will do the job for u .. mention some of the courses within this degree and elaborate.
I'm not an expert but this is just my opinion

zahraa

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
MUN would get back to you minimum of 6 weeks after application deadline.
mine deadline was Sept 15th and I got response Nov 9th
Thank you.
In fact I applied after the deadline so not sure if they'll grant me the admission.. by thethe way I wanted to do the MED in curriculum.. but they mentioned that ppl shouldn't apply after deadlines :)

Solak

Dec 20, 2016
Well If I was in ur place I would talk about how the specified degree is related to your previous employment or if you weren't employed u could say why this degree will expand ur knowledge in areas not tackled in ur previous degree. Also relate ur future plans. Since ur mom owns a school, mention that u want to prepare yourself to take a leading role at ur mom's school and that this degree will do the job for u .. mention some of the courses within this degree and elaborate.
I'm not an expert but this is just my opinion
alright I appreciate your opinion I will do that and mention more courses that would serve better because I mentioned just 3 courses in the last one I wrote though the last in the masters I did 2 of the courses but there are more to the new masters than the 1st did.
and a new area of specialization