+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refusal twice

Chenge

Jun 10, 2018
Hello Everyone.

Trust you are keeping safe.

I need an assistance on my canada online tourist visa application. If am able to get the right details, I should apply online again.

I did the first canada tourist visa application online in I was refused based on purpose of visit in Jan 30 2020. I reapplied thinking because I only noted tourist visa in first application and now added details of visit for each day of stay in the hotel (2weeks)and places to visit, I got refused again the 2nd time, reason being purpose of visit in March 3 2020. As an employee, I chose to travel for two weeks and return back to work.

I requested for a GCSM notes which took pretty long and the reason I got was that the applicants purpose of visit appears vague and poorly documented(Really?). They are not satisfied that the applicant will leave Canada at the end of the period authorised for their stay. This was received today, 22 June 2020.

Please has anyone applied for a tourist visa to stay in a hotel. If yes, please share with me the details on how you presented your purpose of stay or purpose of visit and got approved. I am at my wits' end.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone.

Trust you are keeping safe.

I need an assistance on my canada online tourist visa application. If am able to get the right details, I should apply online again.

I did the first canada tourist visa application online in I was refused based on purpose of visit in Jan 30 2020. I reapplied thinking because I only noted tourist visa in first application and now added details of visit for each day of stay in the hotel (2weeks)and places to visit, I got refused again the 2nd time, reason being purpose of visit in March 3 2020. As an employee, I chose to travel for two weeks and return back to work.

I requested for a GCSM notes which took pretty long and the reason I got was that the applicants purpose of visit appears vague and poorly documented(Really?). They are not satisfied that the applicant will leave Canada at the end of the period authorised for their stay. This was received today, 22 June 2020.

Please has anyone applied for a tourist visa to stay in a hotel. If yes, please share with me the details on how you presented your purpose of stay or purpose of visit and got approved. I am at my wits' end.

Thanks!
What are your reasons for wanting to visit Canada? This is an odd time to be planning a visit given COVID-19.
What evidence can you show for proof of ties to your home country?
How much did you show in proof of funds to support your trip?
Do you have previous travel to countries requiring visa such as the US or UK?
Are you living in your home country or are you living / working / studying temporarily in another country?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add one more comment... Generally speaking, when you have two refusals, we recommend that you pause on reapplying and wait until you can strengthen your profile / application. It's probably not a good idea to apply again soon.

Chenge

Jun 10, 2018
What are your reasons for wanting to visit Canada? This is an odd time to be planning a visit given COVID-19.
What evidence can you show for proof of ties to your home country?
How much did you show in proof of funds to support your trip?
Do you have previous travel to countries requiring visa such as the US or UK?
Are you living in your home country or are you living / working / studying temporarily in another country?
Visiting Canada process started before the COVID 19. See the month stated above in my earlier post. Did the 1st application in December 2019 got denied in Jan 2020. Did the 2nd application in Feb 2020 got denied in March 2020.

My reason for visit is on vacation, tourist purpose. I am fully employed and can take my leave anytime in the year for travel to country off my choice with approved visa of course.

Asking for an information now is for me to know what to do when reapplying after the pandemic. Since the GCMS note says visa denied because purpose of visit is vague and poorly documented.

Proof of ties shown was my investment, property, permanent employment, husband not travelling with me.

As proof of funds, I showed over 20,000CAD

I showed previous travels to US, UK and Schengen countries.

I am leaving in my home country with my husband and a full time employee. I showed this as well as evidence.

Chenge

Jun 10, 2018
Just to add one more comment... Generally speaking, when you have two refusals, we recommend that you pause on reapplying and wait until you can strengthen your profile / application. It's probably not a good idea to apply again soon.
I am not applying soon just need to know what to do or get the required information to prepare me for when I need to apply again.

My question is what do they mean by saying my purpose of visit is vague and poorly documented.

Chenge

Jun 10, 2018
u have six more months to strengthen your profile. do not think of applying in 2020 not only because you have 2 back to back refusals also due to the covid crisis tourism is strictly prohibited all over the world. did you get GCMS for both refusals? if not in the meantime get them for both the applications.
what is your nationality?
your travel history?
your marital status?
do you own a property in your home country?
if you can address the above concerns you can think of applying again but in 2021.
My application of cause will be in 2021 hopefully when the pandemic is over.

By strengthen my profile what else can I do when I feel I have exhausted it all. What else can I present?

GCMS note says purpose of visit is vague and poorly documented.

I am a Nigerian.

Travelled to UK, US and about 5 schengen countries. I love travelling, my passion.

I am married

I have a property.

I am a permanent employee.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My application of cause will be in 2021 hopefully when the pandemic is over.

By strengthen my profile what else can I do when I feel I have exhausted it all. What else can I present?

GCMS note says purpose of visit is vague and poorly documented.

I am a Nigerian.

Travelled to UK, US and about 5 schengen countries. I love travelling, my passion.

I am married

I have a property.

I am a permanent employee.
Given the large number of Nigerians who have entered Canada and applied for asylum it has become much harder for Nigerians to visit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am not applying soon just need to know what to do or get the required information to prepare me for when I need to apply again.

My question is what do they mean by saying my purpose of visit is vague and poorly documented.
This refusal reason typically means that IRCC has concerns that you are not a genuine tourist and have plans to remain in Canada long term / don't have sufficiently strong ties to your home country.

Chenge

Jun 10, 2018
This refusal reason typically means that IRCC has concerns that you are not a genuine tourist and have plans to remain in Canada long term / don't have sufficiently strong ties to your home country.
Is there a way to address this IRCC concerns?

What is the answer to having sufficient strong ties to my home country?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yeah right. But I think there should be a way to handle this instead of ruling out even the genuine ones.
Trust me i know many genuine travellers who have been refused visitor visas, it's unfortunate but it's how it goes.

I will say that if you can establish that you have travelled to other countries like the U.S and Europe without issues, then it does make the refusal quite harsh given your travel history.

I would give it some time before reapplying, try to build a stronger case for yourself. I know people who have multiple rejections but end up getting a visa eventually, but you need to give it some time and some thought on how you can strengthen your case.

But you should know it is an uphill climb.

Chenge

Jun 10, 2018
Trust me i know many genuine travellers who have been refused visitor visas, it's unfortunate but it's how it goes.

I will say that if you can establish that you have travelled to other countries like the U.S and Europe without issues, then it does make the refusal quite harsh given your travel history.

I would give it some time before reapplying, try to build a stronger case for yourself. I know people who have multiple rejections but end up getting a visa eventually, but you need to give it some time and some thought on how you can strengthen your case.

But you should know it is an uphill climb.
Thank you very much. Will definitely give it sometime.