+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA refusal not current- UCW (Early settlement / Appeal case)

Faizan.kareem.ocp

Oct 14, 2017
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
Dear all,

I had applied for MBA in UCW University but my study visa got rejected, I hired a lawyer and applied for Appeal instead of Resubmitting my application. In the meantime, I deferred the offer letter and wait for the appeal however the early settlement appeal is also refused. Now the decision is pending with Court for Months.

As I cannot wait any further, I applied for refund but I got an email today stating that please send us the latest refusal letter to complete the refund.
Please suggest if I need to apply the visa again and get the refusal letter or I need to convince UCW for the early settlement appeal refusal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
You need to send UCW your refusal letter from IRCC. There is no such thing as settlement refusal. You either get a settlement from IRCC or you don't. Your refund will be processed based on the previous refusal.

Faizan.kareem.ocp

Oct 14, 2017
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
Thank you for your response.

I have filled the refund application with the previous refusal letter, however I did not reapplied for study visa and went for the Appeal process and got early settlement rejection from IRCC. I have also deferred from my previous offer letter to keep it valid.

Please see the response from the UCW below.

Response from UCW

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Thank you for your response.

I have filled the refund application with the previous refusal letter, however I did not reapplied for study visa and went for the Appeal process and got early settlement rejection from IRCC. I have also deferred from my previous offer letter to keep it valid.

Please see the response from the UCW below.

Response from UCW
You should ask them to process the refund on the previous refusal and that you went for judicial review which was unsuccessful.

Reactions: Faizan.kareem.ocp

Faizan.kareem.ocp

Oct 14, 2017
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
You should ask them to process the refund on the previous refusal and that you went for judicial review which was unsuccessful.
Thank you for your suggestion. Sure will follow the same.
Just one last question after judicial review rejection the final decision from the court has not been made.
Is it possible UCW might ask me to wait for the court final decision?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Thank you for your suggestion. Sure will follow the same.
Just one last question after judicial review rejection the final decision from the court has not been made.
Is it possible UCW might ask me to wait for the court final decision?
They won't be concerned about your JR, all they want to see is a refusal letter. Tell them you are not going for a reapplication now.

Reactions: Faizan.kareem.ocp

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
There's a reason I used to tell people not to apply for UCW... diploma mill
This is not what OP asked for. I understand your hate towards UCW but there are many who get accepted and they are far better and more professional in communication than any public college I have dealt with.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
This is not what OP asked for. I understand your hate towards UCW but there are many who get accepted and they are far better and more professional in communication than any public college I have dealt with.
But why would they hold somebody else funds while he has asked for refund? why all these restrictions and hassle to get your money back? Is UCW doing reasonable?

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
But why would they hold somebody else funds while he has asked for refund? why all these restrictions and hassle to get your money back? Is UCW doing reasonable?
As long as you provide all documents, they provide the full refund minus fees communicated before. I got mine within communicated timeline.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
As long as you provide all documents, they provide the full refund minus fees communicated before. I got mine within communicated timeline.
I am not sure if you understood my point, so if they want current one and lets say settlement will take almost a year, will they continue to hold funds?

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
I am not sure if you understood my point, so if they want current one and lets say settlement will take almost a year, will they continue to hold funds?
I hear you but again, it depends on the policy laid down by University. If I was in OP place, I would definitely have checked with the university before doing anything different.

Faizan.kareem.ocp

Oct 14, 2017
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
I hear you but again, it depends on the policy laid down by University. If I was in OP place, I would definitely have checked with the university before doing anything different.
I had provided the complete information even the Judicial review letter was attached in the application but still I have received this email.
I have replied with all the details again and hoping to get the refund soon.