+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refusal due to insufficient funds..please help

mhshaon98

Aug 17, 2016
Hello,
I am from Saudi Arabia but I am a Bangladeshi national. I applied for a study permit in June and got refused because of insufficient funds. I showed my father's bank statement having 22,000 cad. I didn't know that I had to show my one year tuition plus 10,000 cad which for me is 37,000 cad. Since then my father has deposited more money into his account and will be showing approximately 53,000 cad this time along with property documents from my home country and also a financial undertaking statement from my father's sponsor here in Saudi Arabia stating that his company will also take care of my financial needs in case my father fails to do so. I have prepared all of the documents and will be applying soon..however today one of my friend got refused for the visa for the second time, the first time the reasons mentioned were insufficient funds and immigration status (he showed 29,000 cad, his tuition is 19,000 cad). This time the reason for his refusal was insufficient funds and purpose of visit (he showed 43,000 cad). I am really confused and scared at this period due to his refusal,and to make matters even more confusing, one of my other friend who also applied for the study permit showing 32000 cad (his tuition is also 19,000 cad) got the visa in the first time. Please tell me what should I do? What steps should I take this time to ensure that I will get the visa!?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your father will need to show where the additional funds came from. If CIC suspects he borrowed the money and they money isn't really his - you'll end up with another refusal.

Neilp

Sep 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Must send a letter of explanation with the addition funds for calculation the funds for your stay yes 10,000 is required but also need to calculate living cost where you be studying.

tuition + $10,000 + living expense

to calculate living expense use the following
educanada.ca website
select study in canada
select step 1-2-3
click search now

sorry unable to post link in this forum
hope this helps.

mhshaon98

Aug 17, 2016
scylla said:
Your father will need to show where the additional funds came from. If CIC suspects he borrowed the money and they money isn't really his - you'll end up with another refusal.
it was from our savings which was in our home not in any bank and also he does business...he got it from there.. how can I show them where the money came from in this case?? and do you think 53,000 cad is enough and more than the minimum stated in the cic website?

mhshaon98

Aug 17, 2016
Neilp said:
Must send a letter of explanation with the addition funds for calculation the funds for your stay yes 10,000 is required but also need to calculate living cost where you be studying.

tuition + $10,000 + living expense

to calculate living expense use the following
educanada.ca website
select study in canada
select step 1-2-3
click search now

sorry unable to post link in this forum
hope this helps.
i did not understand what you exactly said..can u explain to me clearly? thank you.

Mariam Elsawy

Aug 13, 2016
mhshaon98 said:
Hello,
I am from Saudi Arabia but I am a Bangladeshi national. I applied for a study permit in June and got refused because of insufficient funds. I showed my father's bank statement having 22,000 cad. I didn't know that I had to show my one year tuition plus 10,000 cad which for me is 37,000 cad. Since then my father has deposited more money into his account and will be showing approximately 53,000 cad this time along with property documents from my home country and also a financial undertaking statement from my father's sponsor here in Saudi Arabia stating that his company will also take care of my financial needs in case my father fails to do so. I have prepared all of the documents and will be applying soon..however today one of my friend got refused for the visa for the second time, the first time the reasons mentioned were insufficient funds and immigration status (he showed 29,000 cad, his tuition is 19,000 cad). This time the reason for his refusal was insufficient funds and purpose of visit (he showed 43,000 cad). I am really confused and scared at this period due to his refusal,and to make matters even more confusing, one of my other friend who also applied for the study permit showing 32000 cad (his tuition is also 19,000 cad) got the visa in the first time. Please tell me what should I do? What steps should I take this time to ensure that I will get the visa!?
Hey
Sorry, but on which day did you apply exactly and which day were you refused?

Neilp

Sep 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhshaon98 said:
i did not understand what you exactly said..can u explain to me clearly? thank you.
there is a website called educanada that helps calculate the cost for school for international students. Follow the step in previous post to find the tool to get a estimate cost for living for student depending on the school you chose.

mhshaon98

Aug 17, 2016
Neilp said:
there is a website called educanada that helps calculate the cost for school for international students. Follow the step in previous post to find the tool to get a estimate cost for living for student depending on the school you chose.
I did and it came 27k cad and I'm showing 53k cad this time ..is it not enough? What other steps can I take? And also what are the chances of getting a visa in second try?

Neilp

Sep 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhshaon98 said:
I did and it came 27k cad and I'm showing 53k cad this time ..is it not enough? What other steps can I take? And also what are the chances of getting a visa in second try?
I have successfully did an application for study permit showing 20k + first year tuition for a person on there second attempt. I sent paper application and letter of explanation along with all the supporting documents (bank statement and other assets) .
This for college course within the GTA. I use this took prior with no issues. Did you include statement for tuition paid for the first year?

mhshaon98

Aug 17, 2016
Neilp said:
I have successfully did an application for study permit showing 20k + first year tuition for a person on there second attempt. I sent paper application and letter of explanation along with all the supporting documents (bank statement and other assets) .
This for college course within the GTA. I use this took prior with no issues. Did you include statement for tuition paid for the first year?
No,I did not pay the first year tuition fees. It's not written on the checklist and everyone who got the visa in my circle didn't pay any fees prior to applying for the visa. They only showed bank statement!