+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal disclosed in express entry online form (IRCC) but not province which nominated me

Fiona21345

Oct 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a question. I received provincial nomination and then ITA from IRCC the following month.

I have disclosed all my visa refusals including reason when submitting online application to IRCC but forgot to disclose visa refusal to province in the background declaration form sent to province. This was an honest mistake.
However, when I was filling the online express entry form that is when I realized I did not mention visa refusal to province. But province has already given me nomination based on which I Got ITA.
I have submitted my PR online app now to IRCC.

Please tell me what should I do?

Arashm0049

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Iran
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131 oid
Doc's Request.
Cv, military exemption card
Nomination.....
11 feb 2019
AOR Received.
06 may 2019
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
14 sep 2019
Med's Done....
20 sep 2019
Interview........
No
Hi guys,

I have a question. I received provincial nomination and then ITA from IRCC the following month.

I have disclosed all my visa refusals including reason when submitting online application to IRCC but forgot to disclose visa refusal to province in the background declaration form sent to province. This was an honest mistake.
However, when I was filling the online express entry form that is when I realized I did not mention visa refusal to province. But province has already given me nomination based on which I Got ITA.

Please tell me what should I do?
Which country you'd rejected from?

Arashm0049

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Iran
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131 oid
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
11 feb 2019
AOR Received.
06 may 2019
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
14 sep 2019
Med's Done....
20 sep 2019
Interview........
No
Visitor visa rejected from Canada and America

I disclosed all of this in express entry online form but not in background declaration form sent to province
No problem you will be faced. Its normal if you are disclosed in federal forms. They never check the province forms you had provided. They just look at your nomjnation letter

Fiona21345

Oct 13, 2019
Was the refusal coming from the same province that nominated you ?

Regards
No. Visa refusal did not come from province.
Basically, I sent application to province when they sent me an INVITE to apply for provincial nomination. So I send all documents and forms to province but forgot to mention visitor visa refusal in the background declaration form.
Anyway after a month the province sent me confirmation of nomination based on which I got 600 points in my express entry profile and then I got ITA.

So when filling out express entry online form I disclosed all my visa refusals but realized I didn’t mention this in province form.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
No. Visa refusal did not come from province.
Basically, I sent application to province when they sent me an INVITE to apply for provincial nomination. So I send all documents and forms to province but forgot to mention visitor visa refusal in the background declaration form.
Anyway after a month the province sent me confirmation of nomination based on which I got 600 points in my express entry profile and then I got ITA.

So when filling out express entry online form I disclosed all my visa refusals but realized I didn’t mention this in province form.
That's not gonna be a problem, as provinces are more concerned about previous nomination refusals than actual visa refusals.

If you did file your eAPR, you can disclose this honest mistake. With PNP, IRCC usually ask for the entire file copy and they take a look into all the documents and forms you already filled before getting your nomination, so disclosing this could be beneficial

Fiona21345

Oct 13, 2019
That's not gonna be a problem, as provinces are more concerned about previous nomination refusals than actual visa refusals.

If you did file your eAPR, you can disclose this honest mistake. With PNP, IRCC usually ask for the entire file copy and they take a look into all the documents and forms you already filled before getting your nomination, so disclosing this could be beneficial
But who to disclose, IRCC or province ?
If I disclose to province now it could jeopardize my process because I have already got the nomination 3-4 months ago

Also, how do you know that IRCC asks for all the copies from province ? Wher did you get that information from?
Thanks for your help

Fiona21345

Oct 13, 2019
No problem you will be faced. Its normal if you are disclosed in federal forms. They never check the province forms you had provided. They just look at your nomjnation letter
Are you sure they don’t check, is there any previous case that you know of that is similar like mine?

Arashm0049

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Iran
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131 oid
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
11 feb 2019
AOR Received.
06 may 2019
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
14 sep 2019
Med's Done....
20 sep 2019
Interview........
No
Are you sure they don’t check, is there any previous case that you know of that is similar like mine?
Yes ive seen too many cases like you. I never disclosed my refusal schengen visa they never came to know. And about your case you have amended it no problem my friend

Confusedal

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
I have a similar case. Well kind of.

My EE was returned as incomplete in April because of a silly mistake (I had randomly picked Montreal as place of stay). My consultant never disclosed this in my application for Ontario PNP.

I had to literally force them to disclose it while reapplying in Aug.

Do you think that’ll be a problem? It’s literally giving me sleepless nights.

@legalfalcon

Last edited:

Arashm0049

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Iran
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131 oid
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
11 feb 2019
AOR Received.
06 may 2019
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
14 sep 2019
Med's Done....
20 sep 2019
Interview........
No

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
But who to disclose, IRCC or province ?
If I disclose to province now it could jeopardize my process because I have already got the nomination 3-4 months ago

Also, how do you know that IRCC asks for all the copies from province ? Wher did you get that information from?
Thanks for your help
No one call tell you that they will always check your file with your province nor anyone can deny that they would never do it. It could happen randomly and it could be for a reason not related to your issue now.

The fact that someone tells you don't disclose your situation fully and faithfully is extremely wrong, simply beacuse if IRCC were to find out (and they might, you never know) you wouldn't be in a position to fight back your case.

I strongly believe you should communicate with IRCC using CSE if you have already applied for your eAPR, or include an LOE if you are yet to submit your application for permanent residency and let them know about your situation.