+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Question

zaourp

Sep 24, 2012
My parents obtained a single entry visa and have already arrived to Canada. Soon they plan to visit USA for 3 months. Current visa expires in one month. The return flight is from Canada so they need to return here. Is it possible to apply for canadian visa within Canada or from the USA if they are not residents?? Please help. Thanks

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zaourp said:
My parents obtained a single entry visa and have already arrived to Canada. Soon they plan to visit USA for 3 months. Current visa expires in one month. The return flight is from Canada so they need to return here. Is it possible to apply for canadian visa within Canada or from the USA if they are not residents?? Please help. Thanks
If you are returning to Canada following a visit solely to the United States there is an agreement between the U.S. and Canada that allows you to return to Canada provided you have a valid passport and Study Permit, Work Permit, or Visitor Permit.

If your parents have a valid Passport + Visitors Visa to Canada, they can come back to Canada directly from USA without a TRV.

http://www.dal.ca/campus_life/student_services/international-centre/internationaldegree-seeking/immigrationmatters/trventryvisa.html *towards the bottom of the page*

I would call the Consulate to double check and to make sure this is 100% correct!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zaourp said:
Thank you, but the problem is that their current visa will expire in one month.
No, the real question is, how long were they admitted to Canada on their TRV (visitor visa)? If they were given 6 months, (stamp, nothing written under it or a document)then as long as they return to Canada within that 6 month period from only the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon, then they will be admitted. If the period is greater than their original admission, then they are going to have to apply for a new TRV in the US at one of the Canadian offices.

jay4loyale

Oct 9, 2012
my brother in from morocco he got recedence of canada 4 ever and soon he will get sitazinshep of canad .he just starte ork two mounthe ago his wife is ferstt nation candian and they got big house and she got good job she is social work sh ehave beeing working or long tim and i just want to ask haw can my brother in canada help m to live in canada knwoing thats im under 18 years old i study at school pleaz oif eny one have idea help m