+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa possibilities

darshan_kadia

Apr 12, 2018
I enrolled in Toronto film school and I sumbitted all the documents in the college. But I got 5.0 band in ielts. So I am not eligible to get direct admission, instead they are putting me in conditinal language course and giving me admission .
So am i eligible for student visa in canada?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I enrolled in Toronto film school and I sumbitted all the documents in the college. But I got 5.0 band in ielts. So I am not eligible to get direct admission, instead they are putting me in conditinal language course and giving me admission .
Are you aware that you will not qualify for a Post Graduate Work Permit if you attend the Toronto Film School? Since this is a private school, it does not qualify for a PGWP. If you plan to return home after finishing your studies in Canada - then you'll be fine. If you want to remain in Canada and work after you finish your studies - and qualify for permanent residency - then you need to pick a different school.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Aside from what @scylla posted, for a study permit application, you should focus on home ties and financial capabilities and explanations why you want to study in a film school and its relations to your past work experiences if any. But what Scylla has posted, if you have any future plans in Canada, i would suggest studying a different program and school.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If I will get work after my study, can't i apply for work permit?
No - it's not that easy. Your employer has to obtain an approved LMIA in order for you to qualify for a work permit. You should assume it won't be possible to find an employer willing to go through the LMIA process since it is very long and expensive with no guarantee of approval.

If you want to work in Canada after you finish your studies, then you need to attend a public college where you can get a post graduate work permit when you are finished. Forget about attending the Toronto Film School.