+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Overstay

Naaraayini

Feb 9, 2018
If someone has overstayed their visa for 10 years, what are the consequences and/or procedures to avoid deportation? If there is a fine, how much would that be?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
10 years is a long time. First of all how did you manage it! If you are caught you will most certainly be deported and the overstay will almost certainly lead to refusal of any other visa.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Getting caught will also most likely lead to detainment until you/they are removed. There is no way to “buy” your way out of this by paying a fine. If it was that easy everyone would just wait until they were caught, pay a fine and welcome to Canada.......all is forgiven.

Personally, you should be taking to an immigration lawyer (not a consultant) and probably a pretty experienced one at that.

otman

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
hi guys, i have a question about overstaying , i'm planning to apply for visa visitor and there is question that have you remained beyond the validity of your status? and i actually i overstayed 5 months but it was my consulate fault i though that i'm in implied status what i can do i should mention it or not? please if you can help

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
hi guys, i have a question about overstaying , i'm planning to apply for visa visitor and there is question that have you remained beyond the validity of your status? and i actually i overstayed 5 months but it was my consulate fault i though that i'm in implied status what i can do i should mention it or not? please if you can help
I don't think it matter's whose fault it is. You have overstayed and you cannot really say it was the embassy's responsibility, because ultimately it is always the applicant who is responsible for following the rules. Also, CIC should be able to see it in their files too, when your visa expired and when a new one has been applied. Maybe they will ask for a clarification, but yes, you will have to declare it.

Reactions: otman and scylla

otman

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
I don't think it matter's whose fault it is. You have overstayed and you cannot really say it was the embassy's responsibility, because ultimately it is always the applicant who is responsible for following the rules. Also, CIC should be able to see it in their files too, when your visa expired and when a new one has been applied. Maybe they will ask for a clarification, but yes, you will have to declare it.
thank you