+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa options for baby born outside Canada to PR parents

Mar 24, 2015
Hi All,

Me & my husband are Canadian PRs. I recently found out that I am pregnant & I am planning to go back to India and deliver the baby there. I have a few questions in this regard, if someone can help me or guide me to a source where I can read up on this.

1. I will be applying for an Indian Passport and canadian PR for the baby. Can this be done? situation being, Husband stays back in Canada and I am in India. If so, how long does the PR application typically take?
2. If PR application cant be made for the baby, what are my other visa options to get the baby into canada?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated! Smiley Thanks!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
waitingendlessly said:
Hi All,

Me & my husband are Canadian PRs. I recently found out that I am pregnant & I am planning to go back to India and deliver the baby there. I have a few questions in this regard, if someone can help me or guide me to a source where I can read up on this.

1. I will be applying for an Indian Passport and canadian PR for the baby. Can this be done? situation being, Husband stays back in Canada and I am in India. If so, how long does the PR application typically take?
2. If PR application cant be made for the baby, what are my other visa options to get the baby into canada?

1. Yes it can be done so long as you maintain your PR RO.

2. It is not likely going to happen. The baby will get PR as long as baby has done medical completed.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
1 - Yes your husband can file the PR application once he returns to Canada assuming he meets RO, and must remain residing in Canada during the entire process. He could leave for temporary vacations only during the sponsorship process.

You need to make sure you're staying in compliance also with the RO while you remain in India, else you may face difficulties when trying to return to Canada. So don't stay outside Canada for more than 3 years.

You can also apply for a TRV or TRP for your baby and if that's approved, come back to Canada with baby as visitor while PR app is processing.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
waitingendlessly said:
Hi All,

I don’t understand why you want to deliver your baby in India, and pay arm and leg length of hospital, Pharmacy and Doctor Bills
After that you need to pay for PR, and Landing fee, Medical test, Police clearance, and kid is going to have Indian date of birth certificate. No vaccination records, not a born Canadian
You need to apply for Indian Pass Port, after five years you need to apply for Canadian citizenship, then Canadian Passport, then OCI. Lots of issues
I don’t know why you want to talk all those pains, when you do not have to pay for single dollar during Pre and Post Delivery of your baby in Canada?
Lost’s of folks spend their 7 months of before due dated outside Canada (like USA, India) and come to Canada and have their baby delivered for free.
In addition if you manage to put 900 hours of employment before your due date, you are eligible for EI (Maternity leave) Government would pay about $1300 per month for 11 or 12 months
I recommend to take the benefit of best health care system in world at Zero dollars

M

mikeymyke

It's probably because their main goal is to get their baby an Indian passport. Probably can't do that without being born in India first.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
There can be other reasons to have baby outside Canada, such as mentioned above, getting a desired citizenship. It can be for cultural or traditional reasons: have baby around extended families. Whatever their reasons are, to each their own.

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
Rob_TO said:
1 - Yes your husband can file the PR application once he returns to Canada assuming he meets RO, and must remain residing in Canada during the entire process. He could leave for temporary vacations only during the sponsorship process.

You need to make sure you're staying in compliance also with the RO while you remain in India, else you may face difficulties when trying to return to Canada. So don't stay outside Canada for more than 3 years.

You can also apply for a TRV or TRP for your baby and if that's approved, come back to Canada with baby as visitor while PR app is processing.
Hi Rob,

I am in same situation and interacted with you before also. I am in Canada rght now and unemployed while my Wife (PR holder) and two kids (7 months old) are in India. Now I would like to bring all of them here. I am not sure DO I NEED TO SHOW MINIMUM INCOME REQUIREMENTS (MNI) to sponsor my babies.
Is it possible to lay down step by step process to bring kids to India. Make note Me and my wife's PR expiry is in around Mar 2020. So we both would be complying Residency obligation.

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
papmanindia said:
I am not sure DO I NEED TO SHOW MINIMUM INCOME REQUIREMENTS (MNI) to sponsor my babies.

Is it possible to lay down step by step process to bring kids to India.

Make note Me and my wife's PR expiry is in around Mar 2020. So we both would be complying Residency obligation.
There is no minimum income requirement. You need to show how you will support your family in Canada without welfare.

The sponsorship app is here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

Your PR card is expiring on that date, not your PR. To meet the RO, you must have spent or be able to spend at least 730 days in Canada in the first 5 years from the day you landed. After 5 years as a PR, you must always be able to look back 5 years and have at least 730 days in Canada. As you only landed last year, you will be fine for sponsorship but just be aware of this information in future.

siddebian

Jan 7, 2015
screech339 said:
1. Yes it can be done so long as you maintain your PR RO.

2. It is not likely going to happen. The baby will get PR as long as baby has done medical completed.
Hi,

I have a question under the exact same situation:
While waiting for the PR application submitted for the new born baby, is there other options such as temporary visitor visa to bring the children to Canada before the PR application is approved? Both parents are PR (husband is in Canada and wife is in home country).

Thanks a lot.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
siddebian said:
While waiting for the PR application submitted for the new born baby, is there other options such as temporary visitor visa to bring the children to Canada before the PR application is approved? Both parents are PR (husband is in Canada and wife is in home country)..
You can apply for TRVs and if they are refused, you can apply for TRPs.

Phd Color

Apr 12, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am in quite similar situation. Can any one help me for below query!

My baby borne in March 17 and Me and My husband have already got our PR letter and Visa in Fen 17. Now we want to add our baby as dependent to our PR application. Can any one please suggest the way out for this situation!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Phd Color said:
Hello Friends,

I am in quite similar situation. Can any one help me for below query!

My baby borne in March 17 and Me and My husband have already got our PR letter and Visa in Fen 17. Now we want to add our baby as dependent to our PR application. Can any one please suggest the way out for this situation!
You need to contact IRCC to add the baby.

Phd Color

Apr 12, 2017
Hi,

Is there any other option to add my baby in PR as have already informed Canada Embassy but not getting any response!!