+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Options after 31 years old

AshJWalker

Nov 3, 2013
Hello all...

So ive spent the last 2 yrs working in Canada ( Banff ) on an IEC open work visa... Absolutely loved it, ( i'll spare you all the details) However i have now turned 32 and the previous visas i had i am unfortunately no longer eligable for. :( I now find myself back in the UK and frantically exploring my options to get back to Canada. Do i have any ? can anyone advise me on any options.... Is my only hope to get a sponsorship from a company to get issued an IMO ? To recieve an IMO do i need to have education within the relevant industry ? Many Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What you need is an LMO (not IMO) and then a work permit. You will first need to find an employer who is willing to both offer you a job and obtain an approved LMO. You don't necessarily have to have education that is relevant to the industry (it depends on the job). For the LMO to be approved, the employer will need to advertise the job and prove there were no Canadians who could be hired / trained for the job. The employer will then need to submit the LMO for approval along with a fee. Processing takes a couple of months. Once the LMO is approved, you can then obtain a work permit as you enter Canada with the job offer and approved LMO.

If you have at least one full year of full time, skilled (and paid) work experience in Canada - then another option would be to apply for permanent residency through the Canadian Experience Class program.