+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Office question

Deepi_911

Apr 24, 2017
Hi All,

Need your help to understand how is VO allocated to a client. Usually its our Country of Residence where our Visa Office is located, but recently there are cases where inspite of Canada being not country of Residence people have their VO as Ottawa.

Just need some info on this how do you deal when the ready for visa mail arrives?

1. Does the ready for visa arrives from visa office of country of your residence?
2. Or you need to then ask them to move your file to your local Visa.

P.S : excluding those people who moved their country of Residence during the PR process

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi All,

Need your help to understand how is VO allocated to a client. Usually its our Country of Residence where our Visa Office is located, but recently there are cases where inspite of Canada being not country of Residence people have their VO as Ottawa.

Just need some info on this how do you deal when the ready for visa mail arrives?

1. Does the ready for visa arrives from visa office of country of your residence?
2. Or you need to then ask them to move your file to your local Visa.

P.S : excluding those people who moved their country of Residence during the PR process
Nowadays it is streamlined properly. I applied from Singapore, but my VO was CPC Ottawa. I too was afraid that I have to go through the hassle of changing the VO for passport submission. But my 'Ready for Visa' mail asked me to submit my passports to Singapore VO. Usually the VO would be the nearest to your country of residence but if it has too many backlogs, some other VO (CPC Ottawa) can share the workload.

Reactions: Deepi_911

Deepi_911

Apr 24, 2017
Nowadays it is streamlined properly. I applied from Singapore, but my VO was CPC Ottawa. I too was afraid that I have to go through the hassle of changing the VO for passport submission. But my 'Ready for Visa' mail asked me to submit my passports to Singapore VO. Usually the VO would be the nearest to your country of residence but if it has too many backlogs, some other VO (CPC Ottawa) can share the workload.
Thank you.

bigbaoulay

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for clarifying that