+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa issue ..... need help

effi

Mar 22, 2013
hello friends, i got admission in MENG (electrical and computer engineering)program at Concordia, on the condition (you must take two 3-credit Faculty English courses, ENCS 5721 and ENCS 6721, within your first academic year, and obtain grades of 'B' or better in each course. This requirement may change based on TOEFL or IELTS results you may submit prior to registration in the Master's program, that meet the minimum acceptable score of the Faculty (563/85 TOEFL and 6.5 IELTS) ). i got 6.0 band in IELTS, not less than 5.5 in each. i didn't submit my ielts score because i showed my English proficiency certificate while submitting my application. now i am applying for visa and a consultant told me that i must take 6.5 score to get visa because visa officer can reject my application because of conditions in my offer letter, as the visa process takes a lot of time, so i want to apply with ielts 6 and than prepare for ielts again to get 6.5. what do u guys think ? please help me, what should i do ?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

effi said:
hello friends, i got admission in MENG (electrical and computer engineering)program at Concordia, on the condition (you must take two 3-credit Faculty English courses, ENCS 5721 and ENCS 6721, within your first academic year, and obtain grades of 'B' or better in each course. This requirement may change based on TOEFL or IELTS results you may submit prior to registration in the Master's program, that meet the minimum acceptable score of the Faculty (563/85 TOEFL and 6.5 IELTS) ). i got 6.0 band in IELTS, not less than 5.5 in each. i didn't submit my ielts score because i showed my English proficiency certificate while submitting my application. now i am applying for visa and a consultant told me that i must take 6.5 score to get visa because visa officer can reject my application because of conditions in my offer letter, as the visa process takes a lot of time, so i want to apply with ielts 6 and than prepare for ielts again to get 6.5. what do u guys think ? please help me, what should i do ?

1. I doubt if it's true. We have one case of 'Happygarcha'/ visa approved for University of Regina based on LOA (with ESL as a condition)/no IELTS.

abdullah102

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Lahore
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-July-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
10-july-2013
Med's Request
18-July-2013
Med's Done....
31-July-2013
Interview........
Not requried
Passport Req..
Already submitted
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah on 14 september :)
Br0 Embassy never ever refused visa on this base of ESL or any university condition..go for visa and apply..!!Good Luck

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
effi said:
IELTS is not the requirement of Canada High Commission its only college/ uni...............

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

heartbeat said:
IELTS is not the requirement of Canada High Commission its only college/ uni...............

1. If you are applying under SPP, IELTS will help you. I have seen at least 4-5 cases here (either Master or PhD) with no ILETS/visa approved (India).

effi

Mar 22, 2013
thanks bro but i got admission for fall session but visa is a long process in my country so i have to submit my application in few days than i will prepare for my ielts and i will definitely give ielts before going to Concordia. but i want to know that in visa process, is this possible that visa officer reject my visa on the basis of conditions i have in my offer letter, for example a visa consultant told me that it is possible that when visa officer saw the condition that i need 6.5 band or i have to attend the English language course there then he will open my file and will see that i gave my ielts score or not, in case if i don't submit my ielts score, he can think that he just want to go Canada because he didn't take a cheap way by taking ielts and he choose the costly way and he can reject my visa
heartbeat said:

KEM

Sep 11, 2006
There is no IELTS / TOELF requirement for student visa But if you get better result in your IELTS then you can save your tuition fees for english language.. if you really want to study english there then it is a good intention .. you should take english language courses over there you will get more better result ...

effi

Mar 22, 2013
KEM said:
There is no IELTS / TOELF requirement for student visa But if you get better result in your IELTS then you can save your tuition fees for english language.. if you really want to study english there then it is a good intention .. you should take english language courses over there you will get more better result ...

JaBra

Mar 20, 2013
Hi there!

On your Letter of Acceptance it says that you must take two 3-credit Faculty English courses OR submit an IELTS score.
No need to worry about your actual score because that's not your condition. Your condition is taking those 2 courses.
Submitting a 6.5 IELTS score is only needed if you don't want to take those 2 courses.

Hope that helps

effi

Mar 22, 2013
JaBra said:
Hi there!

On your Letter of Acceptance it says that you must take two 3-credit Faculty English courses OR submit an IELTS score.
No need to worry about your actual score because that's not your condition. Your condition is taking those 2 courses.
Submitting a 6.5 IELTS score is only needed if you don't want to take those 2 courses.

Hope that helps
thanks bro, but does these conditions affect my visa process ? is there any chance of visa rejection on this condition i have in my offer letter ?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

effi said:
thanks bro, but does these conditions affect my visa process ? is there any chance of visa rejection on this condition i have in my offer letter ?

1. IELTS is a requirement of CHC (India). If your profile is strong and school is willing to waive off the IELTS, you can apply without it (happened with 2-3 members, Master/PhD applicants). If you are a SPP applicant, it's in your interest to put off ILETS with your file.

bhavik2590

Mar 1, 2013
effi said:
thanks bro but i got admission for fall session but visa is a long process in my country so i have to submit my application in few days than i will prepare for my ielts and i will definitely give ielts before going to Concordia. but i want to know that in visa process, is this possible that visa officer reject my visa on the basis of conditions i have in my offer letter, for example a visa consultant told me that it is possible that when visa officer saw the condition that i need 6.5 band or i have to attend the English language course there then he will open my file and will see that i gave my ielts score or not, in case if i don't submit my ielts score, he can think that he just want to go Canada because he didn't take a cheap way by taking ielts and he choose the costly way and he can reject my visa
Bro IELTS is not the matter if you have Letter of Acceptance from University... Apply with your 6 band score.. You will surely get visa...