+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa interview

vishang

Jan 24, 2015
Hi,
My wife got an visa interview call on 1st feb and we have already have planned our holidays from 2nd Feb. There is no issue to attend an interview on 1st Feb.
But not sure on passport. Do they keep the passport after the interview? As we need the passport for our holidays. Can we request cic to submit the passport after we return from the holidays. How long it will take to get a stamp after we submit the passport does any one came across this sort of situation before.

Thanks in advance for taking time to for this question.

vishang

Jan 24, 2015
I have dot my answers by searching on the forum.

Last year when we were called for our interviews for our citizenship here in Canada, the agent there was ready to print our passports within 48 hours, because they have a set target to meet by every month end. If the NDVO is anything like CIC here, when you explain them your situation they will come up with a solution.

I would suggest to complete the interview and then personally explain them the situation and convince them that there is nothing you can do to postpone this pre planned vacation. And also request them to give you some paper work with which you can immediately submit your passport to the nearest VFS once you are back from the vacation.

I hope this helps, and please don't postpone the interview or contact NDVO before completing the interview please. They will put you at the bottom of the pile once again!!!

Good Luck,
A&A