+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Information Help Request - Visa for family relative

kashish1728

Star Member
May 5, 2014
My uncle (mom's brother), who is a retired state government employee in india, wishes to visit my family here in canada. He is 62 years old, has a home in india on his name, receives pension. I wish to have him apply for his visa.
My mother's parent name written on her passport are spelled differently on than on my uncle's passport. Will that create any issues? Or should I just have him apply own his own instead of issuing an invitation? Would you be able to guide the best approach?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My mother's parent name written on her passport are spelled differently on than on my uncle's passport. Will that create any issues?
How different? What about the names/spellings of their parents on their birth certificates or school records?

Or should I just have him apply own his own instead of issuing an invitation? Would you be able to guide the best approach?
It's advisable to include an invitation letter especially if the applicant has not traveled abroad earlier

kashish1728

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Mother name on my mom's passport is Isri devi, and his passport is ishwari devi, I would say quite different, father name on my moms is Prabhati vs Parbhati

kashish1728

Star Member
May 5, 2014
How different? What about the names/spellings of their parents on their birth certificates or school records?

It's advisable to include an invitation letter especially if the applicant has not traveled abroad earlier
Would I not have to prove the relationship, and since their parents name don't match, would that not create issue?

kashish1728

Star Member
May 5, 2014
What about the names/spellings of their parents on their birth certificates or school records?
I have not checked but, I will, should I recommend that one of them get these corrected? back in days things were different and these details were not very prominent,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have not checked but, I will, should I recommend that one of them get these corrected? back in days things were different and these details were not very prominent,
It is not so critical for your uncle's application as he is only applying for a TRV.

Alternatively, if your mom has been granted a TRV then you could include a copy of her Family Information form where she had declared your uncle as her brother + you can simply state he is your maternal uncle

kashish1728

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I believe my mothers visa application was done online so do not have the forms with us, but i do intend to include her visa copy along with passport, any other things i should keep in mind, thank you for your kind help!