+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa/Immigration Medical Examination Experince- Lets Share and Input

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fariza said:
I like to initiate this thread to invite share and input on experience and information related to Immigration/Visa Medical Examination (IME) which could be pretty useful for those going to or waiting for IME to well prepare themselves. I am sharing mine below and invite others who have done their medical (Although the basic IME procedure are of routine and supposed to be pretty much similar but the individual cases or experiences might vary) to share and pinpoint theirs... Any supportive information that can guide IME might also be worth sharing here.........

My IME Experience:

Done my Medical today, the first working day after an extended X'mas and NY holidays in Australia. Briefly describing the systematic steps as follows.....

Initial ID check and Log in File

Upon arrival the receptionist at DMP asked to hand in all our passport (Family of 3)

We were requested then to hand in our photographs (2 copy each) {The instruction and photo specification usually given with medical request from CHC}

Next we were asked to submit the IMM 1017 (Med Report-Section A)- This part to be sent to applicant from the CHC along with the medical request.

This IMM 1017- Section A form is usually typed in with all applicant and dependent's particular and photo stamped from CHC).

Then we were provided with photocopy (without photo in) of IMM 5419-Medical Report- Section D (Laboratory Requisition) and IMM 5419-Medical Report-Chest X-ray Report form and were requested to put signature and date in the specific place as directed.

After the paper works done, we were given container (individual name marked) to provide urine sample... After we submitted our urine sample we were advised to wait until DMP called us in....

Medical Examination by DMP:

I was the first one called in the chamber of DMP..

DMP introduced himself and firstly explained that he will be going to ask me some routinely directed questions (As printed in IMM 5419-Medical Report-Section B-Functional inquiry, Background information and Applicant declaration) followed by a detailed medical exam to be conducted (As directed in IMM 5419-Medical Report-Section C-Examining Doctors finding, Sec C-Cont.).

IMM 5419-Medical Report-Section B-Functional inquiry, Background information and Applicant declaration :

Most of the question in Section B was responded duly as “No” for me (as applied) and DMP ticked accordingly.....
(To have an idea of the question you are expected to be answered you can download DMP hand book.pdf from CIC website and go to page no 77)

In response to the Q.8 of Section B (Any history of Jaundice/Hepatitis involving you or immediate family) I truly informed that I had Jaundice during my childhood (primary school year). However, sometimes true statement invites further challenges as for my case DMP promptly decided to recommend for me some further test of liver function test-AST, ALT... to rule out chronic hepatitis.....)...If my test appears positive then my spouse and daughter will have to undergo similar screening tests (Hope it won't have to...). However, despite anticipating possible hazard its probably better to be truthful on providing medical history....

I realized the most crucial questions in Section B are related to possible previous personal and or family and contact history of TB, STD, Diabetes, Hepatitis, . (So better prepare to answer them carefully and thoughtfully)

When the DMP finished filled in Section B, I was asked to sign in the bottom part of the form as my declaration to have agreed with the information responded. (You will have a another chance to check your response before signing).

IMM 5419-Medical Report-Section C-Examining Doctors finding, Sec C-Contd.

I was asked to prepare for physical exam test with taking of my cloths except the undergarments on. Also advised to lied down (face up) on the examination table.

Examination started with measuring BP (It was 130/80 but doctor considered it as normal considering of being possibly tensed).

Next to BP physical palpation and examination started from chin (lymph nodes) followed by listening to lungs sound, palpation of lived/spleen, kidney, other lymph nodes...

Then reflex test with percussion (hammering) on leg and hand joints...

Finally palpated ball (testicle) for possible harnia :'(

Then asked to get down go bent and up and then bent again for touching the toes...and coughing at the same time...

Next made visual examination of Ear and Eye(sight) using special device (aids)

Then I was asked to put my clothes on and he listed all his finding (I notice all of them were circled to be normal...

Asked some special question and concern related to mental, psychological status...DMP then signed in and kept aside the Section C.

(You can have idea on all the examination fields-system wise in the DMP hand book.pdf [Form- Section C] available in CIC site on page 78, 79).

IMM 5419-Medical Report- Section D (Laboratory Requisition)

This form with photo's on and a photocopy (signed previously) was attached then with a printed list of recommended Urine and blood test ( Serology of Syphilis, HIV) and one page ID check request for the respective lab use.

In my case some additional test for liver function test (AST, ALT) and hepatitis screening was advised.

IMM 5419-Medical Report-Section E: Chest X-ray Report form

Similar to above section D this part also prepared accordingly

DMP then hand in both Section D and E to me and directed to take this to the recommended Pathology and Q-scan centre (In my case it was in different location outside the DMP facility)

DMP then explained me that he will hold the main report form (Section A) until the lab and X-ray result made available to him (It indicated to take a couple of days including the serology). If everything seems alright (Hoping so!!) then the DMP will send the Medical report along with X-ray film to RMO, Singapore by normal post/Courier. The RMO processing might take 4-6 weeks before it forwarded (Unless further test suggested) to the respective CHC.

By the end of my examination, my daughter and wife followed with exactly similar procedure (Except my daughter being under 11 years –No blood test and X-ray were recommended)

After the payment at DMP, the receptionist advised me to contact them by Friday to collect the tracking number of “To be courier docs”

I must say the DMP and the associated staff (Surprised not to see any nurse to assist DMP!) were all cooperative, well behaved and very professional. Appreciated!

Next procedures for Lab test and X-ray were pretty straight-forward... After having our ID Check once again, blood sample were collected and X-ray was done accordingly. While asked the radiology technician replied the image was taken perfectly and seemed alright (Hopefully so!)

The total process if IME took for us little over 3 hours (major time taken during medical examination at DMP)

Given my experience, I think it is reasonable to highlight salient point of concern for the future examinee....

1. Pl ensure that you don't forget to take along passport (Most preferred ID)

2. When you get MR. please check you have received IMM 1017-Sec A (with photo)

3. Take 2-4 (variable according to visa application type FSW/FAM) copies of photos as instructed with MR

NB: In some CHC reported to advise to take some digital photos on CD (for
radiology report) but for my case it was not required

4. Always a good idea to go through DMP hand book. pdf guide or you can visit the following links to have overall preparation required for IME.

http://www.witchweb.net/immigration/medical.html

http://soscanada2000.com/migration/guide/medexaminst.html

5. Take plenty of water before and the day of IME

6. Try to reach at DMP at least 30 min before the scheduled appointment

Wish you all the very best for IME when it comes your turn................ :)

Cheers
Fariza
Dear Fariza,
How about if some one have Diabetic Type 2 and high Colestrol ( Just he took tablet ) and all his boold analysis and urine are normal as he took the medicine regularly . Should he disclose this to the doctor? or it is better to hide it to avoid any complication in the visa processing.

Thanks

khebra

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Sukh... Wish you best of luck early this new year.................

@ khebra
Well from the impression of facing my DMP i understand that if you provide any previous medical history and current medication (there is specific question you will be asked for)... it is highly likely for the DMP to advise you with some additional test....
Diabetes is not a contaminated but wasting disease but I understand as per CIC policy... diabetes is a important and listed disease and for which urine sample and some specific questions are set to screen out Diabetes in applicant and also to rule out genetic predispositions... (family history)... So unless you are not too confirmed that you can escape lab test screening (urine, blood) then better not to hide... or you can go for a try in luck by hiding!!! If it purposely work out at all for you....

CDB

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
Hi Fariza,
Good information.....
By the way how much did all these medical tests cost?

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Thanks farize for the information.

unfairsystem

May 11, 2011
hi

Apart from signatures in the MR forms do we need to fill up anything anywhere including Section:A (Client Identification Form) which applicant is given by cic?

thxxxxxx.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fariza said:
I like to initiate this thread to invite share and input on experience and information related to Immigration/Visa Medical Examination (IME) which could be pretty useful for those going

Cheers
Fariza
Informative ,thnx bud .........you got one more +1

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kanamen said:
Informative ,thnx bud .........you got one more +1
Thanks friend. you are always more supportive to all of us... I just shared my exp with someone going to have their IME
You are true model of generosity... looking forward to it for me and my family sometimes soon... you take care and + 1 reciprocated

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fariza said:
I like to initiate this thread to invite share and input on experience and information related to Immigration/Visa Medical Examination (IME) which could be pretty useful for those going to or waiting for IME to well prepare themselves. I am sharing mine below and invite others who have done their medical (Although the basic IME procedure are of routine and supposed to be pretty much similar but the individual cases or experiences might vary) to share and pinpoint theirs... Any supportive information that can guide IME might also be worth sharing here.........

My IME Experience:

Done my Medical today, the first working day after an extended X'mas and NY holidays in Australia. Briefly describing the systematic steps as follows.....

Initial ID check and Log in File

Upon arrival the receptionist at DMP asked to hand in all our passport (Family of 3)

We were requested then to hand in our photographs (2 copy each) {The instruction and photo specification usually given with medical request from CHC}

Next we were asked to submit the IMM 1017 (Med Report-Section A)- This part to be sent to applicant from the CHC along with the medical request.

This IMM 1017- Section A form is usually typed in with all applicant and dependent's particular and photo stamped from CHC).

Then we were provided with photocopy (without photo in) of IMM 5419-Medical Report- Section D (Laboratory Requisition) and IMM 5419-Medical Report-Chest X-ray Report form and were requested to put signature and date in the specific place as directed.

After the paper works done, we were given container (individual name marked) to provide urine sample... After we submitted our urine sample we were advised to wait until DMP called us in....

Medical Examination by DMP:

I was the first one called in the chamber of DMP..

DMP introduced himself and firstly explained that he will be going to ask me some routinely directed questions (As printed in IMM 5419-Medical Report-Section B-Functional inquiry, Background information and Applicant declaration) followed by a detailed medical exam to be conducted (As directed in IMM 5419-Medical Report-Section C-Examining Doctors finding, Sec C-Cont.).

IMM 5419-Medical Report-Section B-Functional inquiry, Background information and Applicant declaration :

Most of the question in Section B was responded duly as “No” for me (as applied) and DMP ticked accordingly.....
(To have an idea of the question you are expected to be answered you can download DMP hand book.pdf from CIC website and go to page no 77)

In response to the Q.8 of Section B (Any history of Jaundice/Hepatitis involving you or immediate family) I truly informed that I had Jaundice during my childhood (primary school year). However, sometimes true statement invites further challenges as for my case DMP promptly decided to recommend for me some further test of liver function test-AST, ALT... to rule out chronic hepatitis.....)...If my test appears positive then my spouse and daughter will have to undergo similar screening tests (Hope it won't have to...). However, despite anticipating possible hazard its probably better to be truthful on providing medical history....

I realized the most crucial questions in Section B are related to possible previous personal and or family and contact history of TB, STD, Diabetes, Hepatitis, . (So better prepare to answer them carefully and thoughtfully)

When the DMP finished filled in Section B, I was asked to sign in the bottom part of the form as my declaration to have agreed with the information responded. (You will have a another chance to check your response before signing).

IMM 5419-Medical Report-Section C-Examining Doctors finding, Sec C-Contd.

I was asked to prepare for physical exam test with taking of my cloths except the undergarments on. Also advised to lied down (face up) on the examination table.

Examination started with measuring BP (It was 130/80 but doctor considered it as normal considering of being possibly tensed).

Next to BP physical palpation and examination started from chin (lymph nodes) followed by listening to lungs sound, palpation of lived/spleen, kidney, other lymph nodes...

Then reflex test with percussion (hammering) on leg and hand joints...

Finally palpated ball (testicle) for possible harnia :'(

Then asked to get down go bent and up and then bent again for touching the toes...and coughing at the same time...

Next made visual examination of Ear and Eye(sight) using special device (aids)

Then I was asked to put my clothes on and he listed all his finding (I notice all of them were circled to be normal...

Asked some special question and concern related to mental, psychological status...DMP then signed in and kept aside the Section C.

(You can have idea on all the examination fields-system wise in the DMP hand book.pdf [Form- Section C] available in CIC site on page 78, 79).

IMM 5419-Medical Report- Section D (Laboratory Requisition)

This form with photo's on and a photocopy (signed previously) was attached then with a printed list of recommended Urine and blood test ( Serology of Syphilis, HIV) and one page ID check request for the respective lab use.

In my case some additional test for liver function test (AST, ALT) and hepatitis screening was advised.

IMM 5419-Medical Report-Section E: Chest X-ray Report form

Similar to above section D this part also prepared accordingly

DMP then hand in both Section D and E to me and directed to take this to the recommended Pathology and Q-scan centre (In my case it was in different location outside the DMP facility)

DMP then explained me that he will hold the main report form (Section A) until the lab and X-ray result made available to him (It indicated to take a couple of days including the serology). If everything seems alright (Hoping so!!) then the DMP will send the Medical report along with X-ray film to RMO, Singapore by normal post/Courier. The RMO processing might take 4-6 weeks before it forwarded (Unless further test suggested) to the respective CHC.

By the end of my examination, my daughter and wife followed with exactly similar procedure (Except my daughter being under 11 years –No blood test and X-ray were recommended)

After the payment at DMP, the receptionist advised me to contact them by Friday to collect the tracking number of “To be courier docs”

I must say the DMP and the associated staff (Surprised not to see any nurse to assist DMP!) were all cooperative, well behaved and very professional. Appreciated!

Next procedures for Lab test and X-ray were pretty straight-forward... After having our ID Check once again, blood sample were collected and X-ray was done accordingly. While asked the radiology technician replied the image was taken perfectly and seemed alright (Hopefully so!)

The total process if IME took for us little over 3 hours (major time taken during medical examination at DMP)

Given my experience, I think it is reasonable to highlight salient point of concern for the future examinee....

1. Pl ensure that you don't forget to take along passport (Most preferred ID)

2. When you get MR. please check you have received IMM 1017-Sec A (with photo)

3. Take 2-4 (variable according to visa application type FSW/FAM) copies of photos as instructed with MR

NB: In some CHC reported to advise to take some digital photos on CD (for
radiology report) but for my case it was not required

4. Always a good idea to go through DMP hand book. pdf guide or you can visit the following links to have overall preparation required for IME.

http://www.witchweb.net/immigration/medical.html

http://soscanada2000.com/migration/guide/medexaminst.html

5. Take plenty of water before and the day of IME

6. Try to reach at DMP at least 30 min before the scheduled appointment

Cheers
Fariza
+1 for sharing this info....

KDSTTL

Sep 8, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
21-07-2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012 (Fresh PCC again on 19-11-2012)
Interview........
Waived (In process - 19th Jan 2012)
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013 (DM 14-07-2013)
LANDED..........
03-08-2013
Medical Examination.
New changes effective from November 2012

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/index.asp

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KDSTTL said:
Medical Examination.
New changes effective from November 2012

Good work and thanks buddy for the update. Hope it will provide some lights on those gonna have their IME soon... All the best

KDSTTL

Sep 8, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
21-07-2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012 (Fresh PCC again on 19-11-2012)
Interview........
Waived (In process - 19th Jan 2012)
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013 (DM 14-07-2013)
LANDED..........
03-08-2013
Hi All,

Got fresh PCC and also did my medicals today.

As advised I reported at the Hospital well before the scheduled time.
First they took blood/urine for laboratory test.
They took my weight and height to fill in the application..

The staff over there was confused as they couldn't find the UCI # etc which are not available for pre-juners. But luckily another serior officer was there, who knew how to handle pre-June files.

After checking my BP and eye, one senior doctor did a proper diagnosis.

Had to undress (only brief is allowed) to check hernia, and other ailments. She pressed everywhere from my toe to head.

Then I was asked to take my X-ray.

Everything was fine in my case.

Thank god!!

Take a print out of the letter received from the visa office, photocopies of passport (which is not mentioned in the letter), original passport, and 5 photos ....

I got the copy of the form with my original photo, which I am supposed to send to Visa Office.

All those who applied through agents "Go to the website and take a printout of the photo specification". A few applicants who were there were asked to go and come again next time with the correct photos - which is a serious thing you should consider.

A few travel left for me, So I will be submitting my Passport and other details by Mid December 2012.

Regards,
KDSTTL