+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for tourism

souzaco

Feb 13, 2014
My mom and I are planning to go on a holiday in Canada probably in April so we need to get our TRV.

I was just wondering if we could apply the TRV with my mom as the main applicant and me as the secondary applicant (Does such a thing even exist?) If possible we plan on using her documents of her properties and all because I don't have any properties and not as much money as she has in the bank. We worry that she will get accepted and me rejected. I had already applied for a TRV last month but got rejected.

What could we do to prove strong home ties and that we have no intention of staying there? I know she could attach her properties but what about me? How can I convince them that I will return because I don't have the intention of staying there. Should we write a cover letter? Do we attach the travelling brochures if we have them?

We really want to visit Canada for just two weeks but the application of the TRV is proving to be quite difficult.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
depends on how old you are .

whether you are working in your home country or no etc.

do you have anyone to give you an invitation letter in canada

souzaco

Feb 13, 2014
I'm 27. I just quit my job so not working and no we don't have an invitation letter in Canada because we plan on going there for a holiday just to go sight seeing and stuff.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sponsoring by parents is only until 18.

orelse you will have to show proof of continuous study which would be convincing that you have not started earning and ur mum can sponsor you

souzaco

Feb 13, 2014
Thanks for the help propain.

I could also include a cover letter right? I know there is no mention of the need to include a cover letter in the website but it wouldn't hurt to ease their burden by including a cover letter right? ^^

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
souzaco said:
My mom and I are planning to go on a holiday in Canada probably in April so we need to get our TRV.
I was just wondering if we could apply the TRV with my mom as the main applicant and me as the secondary applicant (Does such a thing even exist?) If possible we plan on using her documents of her properties and all because I don't have any properties and not as much money as she has in the bank. We worry that she will get accepted and me rejected. I had already applied for a TRV last month but got rejected.
What could we do to prove strong home ties and that we have no intention of staying there? I know she could attach her properties but what about me? How can I convince them that I will return because I don't have the intention of staying there. Should we write a cover letter? Do we attach the travelling brochures if we have them?
We really want to visit Canada for just two weeks but the application of the TRV is proving to be quite difficult.
There is no such thing as main applicant and secondary applicants for legal adults. You will have to apply on your own and your application will be judged on its own merits.
As far as your chances go after 1 rejection, they are not the greatest. Unless your mother is a multi-millionaire, the fact that you are unemployed and she is supporting you does not bode well. The VO will suspect that you have no intention of returning from Canada.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
txboyscout said:
There is no such thing as main applicant and secondary applicants for legal adults. You will have to apply on your own and your application will be judged on its own merits.
As far as your chances go after 1 rejection, they are not the greatest. Unless your mother is a multi-millionaire, the fact that you are unemployed and she is supporting you does not bode well. The VO will suspect that you have no intention of returning from Canada.
Agreed - The #1 reason applicants are rejected is unable to provide strong reasons that they'd leave Canada once arrived

souzaco

Feb 13, 2014
Thank you for the replies everyone. I am an active member of my local church group so I guess I could put that in a cover letter and perhaps before application I would have found a job that I can include in my application as well :)

oh and also, cover letter? It's okay to include one right?

lovlyhyd

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
India-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
30-11-2011
Med's Done....
04-08-2011
Passport Req..
20-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
souzaco said:
Thank you for the replies everyone. I am an active member of my local church group so I guess I could put that in a cover letter and perhaps before application I would have found a job that I can include in my application as well :)

oh and also, cover letter? It's okay to include one right?
Hi to all
Again i came back in this forrm after long time. but now different issue for planing to apply visa to my mom and my motherinlaw. Both can apply at the same time. I have doubt for which visa can they apply visit or supervisa ? My status PR in Canada. Can I sponsor at the same time 2 parents? Otherwise we will apply different visas mean one trv other any tourist visa like souzaco. Can u pls share ur valuable suggestions. Many people are saying 90%TRVs regect for parents . after regect they feel hurt so pls help me