+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for parents

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
I have a question please

I am a PR and i am currently residing in Canada with my wife and children

There is a possibility that i might travel outside of Canada soon for an internship which will last for approximately 6-12 months
The issue is i am planning to leave my wife and children to stay in Canada as my wife has classes to attend

I was thinking of inviting one of my parents to come from back home to stay with my wife and children

Do you know what is the easiest and fastest way to accomplish this ? i.e. what kind of visa i should apply for, for my parents ? And can i do this from here or my parents have to apply in their home country ?
Keep in mind that neither me nor my wife are working

Thank you so much and best regards,

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
AmrAdel said:
I have a question please

I am a PR and i am currently residing in Canada with my wife and children

There is a possibility that i might travel outside of Canada soon for an internship which will last for approximately 6-12 months
The issue is i am planning to leave my wife and children to stay in Canada as my wife has classes to attend

I was thinking of inviting one of my parents to come from back home to stay with my wife and children

Do you know what is the easiest and fastest way to accomplish this ? i.e. what kind of visa i should apply for, for my parents ? And can i do this from here or my parents have to apply in their home country ?
Keep in mind that neither me nor my wife are working

Thank you so much and best regards,
Super visa is the way to go. Use the tool

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

You can apply online from anywhere in the world, but documents have to be sent (when requested) from the country of residence of the applicant.

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
Jalex23 said:
Super visa is the way to go. Use the tool

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

You can apply online from anywhere in the world, but documents have to be sent (when requested) from the country of residence of the applicant.
Thank you for your response
But as i figured out, supervisa necessitates the fact that me or my wife should be working with some minimum income level. Neither me nor my wife are working at the moment.
Do you know what other options i have ? A regular visitor visa ?
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AmrAdel said:
But as i figured out, supervisa necessitates the fact that me or my wife should be working with some minimum income level. Neither me nor my wife are working at the moment.
Do you know what other options i have ? A regular visitor visa ?
Thank you
Yes - the super visa requires income from Canadian sources.

So your only option is a regular visitor visa: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
scylla said:
Yes - the super visa requires income from Canadian sources.

So your only option is a regular visitor visa: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp
Oh i see

abhishek2629

Star Member
May 26, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Nomination.....
31-10-2014 ( PER )
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
Processing Started 20-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015 3rd line updated 17th Feb'15 that's what I checked it can be before that as well
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
AmrAdel said:
Oh i see
Hello Everybody can anyone please let me know if I have to call my father on just Tourist Visa not Super Visa do I still need to require pay stubs, T4 and all other documents we require for super visa. We landed in Ontario on 14th May as permanent resident. Please let me know as I was thinking that when my PR card will come my father can apply for tourist visa. He already has 10 yrs tourist visa for US as he is going to US in Oct and then planning to come Canada after 2 months.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Abhishek,

It is NOT mandatory to provide financial documents of yourself as the Host for your dad's TRV.... the applicant ie your dad must provide evidence that he can support himself financially during his visit.

Having stated this, it may help if the host provides his/her T4, NOA, bank statement, employment letter, etc.... you can submit whatever is available in your case.

If your dad has visited the US/Canada earlier.... then you may want to consider applying under the CAN+ program which is available to Indian citizens

Hope this helps

student_2013

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 June 2014
Med's Request
1st December 2014
Med's Done....
6th December 2014
Hi All,

I have recently got Permanent Resident Visa but have not landed yet.

I wud like to apply for visitor visa for my parents. My mom is a housewife and dad works in a private firm.
Since i do not have a job in Canada yet, Super visa option is ruled out.

Do you think if there will be any problem if my parents apply for regular visitor visa

Will my parents have to show that their son holds PR but not landed yet? any impact due to this?

What financial docs are required during visitor visa application? I have all my family funds in my account but i can transfer them to my parents account if needed

In case their visitor visa gets refused, will there be any problem in future at time of applying for Super Visa or sponsoring them for PR/citizenship?

Thanks in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@student_2013

What is your current status?

Your parents must demonstrate that they have the financial means to support their visit.... airfare + travel and living expenses for the duration of the visit + other incidentals

What financial docs are required during visitor visa application?
Such as recent bank statements + proofs of financial investments (bank term deposits/mutual funds/shares, etc) + pension + rental income, etc

I have all my family funds in my account but i can transfer them to my parents account if needed
Any transfers or large deposits to your parents bank accounts just before applying must be explained.... in the best situation, your parents must prove they can finance their visit without borrowing money

Some factors that may help to get TRVs:
Strong reasons to return to the home country/country of residence + good financial situation of the applicants + well-defined purpose of visit, etc

Each visa application is evaluated for its own merits.... in case your parents are refused TRVs then they must disclose this refusal in any future applications, including for Super Visas or PR.

Failure to disclose a visa refusal for Canada or any other country may be considered as misrepresentation with the possibility of a 5 year ban

student_2013

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 June 2014
Med's Request
1st December 2014
Med's Done....
6th December 2014
Bryanna said:
@ student_2013

What is your current status?

Your parents must demonstrate that they have the financial means to support their visit.... airfare + travel and living expenses for the duration of the visit + other incidentals

Such as recent bank statements + proofs of financial investments (bank term deposits/mutual funds/shares, etc) + pension + rental income, etc

Any transfers or large deposits to your parents bank accounts just before applying must be explained.... in the best situation, your parents must prove they can finance their visit without borrowing money

Some factors that may help to get TRVs:
Strong reasons to return to the home country/country of residence + good financial situation of the applicants + well-defined purpose of visit, etc

Each visa application is evaluated for its own merits.... in case your parents are refused TRVs then they must disclose this refusal in any future applications, including for Super Visas or PR.

Failure to disclose a visa refusal for Canada or any other country may be considered as misrepresentation with the possibility of a 5 year ban

Thank You Bryanna for such detailed explaination

I have my PR visa stamped and will land in september.

Thank you again !!