+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for mother in law, wife is pregnant

mehrab14

Aug 18, 2017
Hi. I have recently moved to canada as PR with my wife. We are still waiting for our PR cards. We have some small time jobs and an apartment. My wife is expecting in march 2018 and she needs her mother to be here. I would like to apply for my mother in law's visa now because it tajes time to get it. I believe it should be a tourist visa for now. I can get the doctors recommendation, aside from this what other supporting docs should i get? Npte that my mother in low can show enough funds to support herself here. Please advise. Also what is the likelyhood of getting visa as we still dont have our PR cards and must rely on the COPRs

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What will the doctor's recommendation say? If you want to bring your mother in law to Canada to help take care of the child - don't say that in the application. CIC will say that's working illegally and most likely refuse the visa.

The most important elements of the application is that your mother in law show strong ties to her home country to prove she has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Has she previously traveled to countries requiring visas (E.g. US, US)? If not, she should request a 2-3 week trip at most.

mehrab14

Aug 18, 2017
Hi scylla. Thanks for the response. Docs recommendation will say that mother in law will be here as mental support for my wife or something in that line. How about that? Also she will show enough funds in her account to support her here. She will be living with us though. As support to that i will provide land lords no objection letter. She has strong ties in BD such as her husband and two ther children. But how do i show that? Also do i write a letter to cic stating all of this? She travelled to US but that was long ago....3 weeks sounds good. Also us not having the PR cards yet...will that be an issue? We have the COPR though

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your mothe-in-law needs to show she has enough funds to come to Canada even if you will be covering her costs, does she have any property in her name?. Don't bother getting a doctor's note. It won't help your case. Canada doesn't consider it necessary to have extended family around for the birth of a child so hopefully you have a strong case. Fathers take a much more active role during labour/delivery in Canada.

mehrab14

Aug 18, 2017
She will show that she has more than enough fund to support herself. I wont show im supporting her. Just that she is living with us thats all. Property is a good idea. I can show that also. Thanks for the heads up

R

rish888

Having or not having your PR cards will not affect the application in any way.