+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for January 2019 status

Hope0

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hi Japneet, I just got email for Georgian college international registrar office stating that I can joining college by 11 of January (classes start at 7 of January). if it till then i didn't receive visa then I have apply for deferral.
did you email them for extension, if yes can you share the email ?

A.22

Jan 2, 2019
Hi

I have a very strange case.. So my study permit was approved on 28/12/18 (online) . I have submitted my passport , my status online shows that student visa has been granted till april 2020. However, now York University wont grant me extension because i am missing orientation tomorrow i.e, on 3/1/19. I just have to collect my passport from vfs. What to do?

CanuckGoose

Nov 5, 2018
Hi

I have a very strange case.. So my study permit was approved on 28/12/18 (online) . I have submitted my passport , my status online shows that student visa has been granted till april 2020. However, now York University wont grant me extension because i am missing orientation tomorrow i.e, on 3/1/19. I just have to collect my passport from vfs. What to do?
Hi A 22,

My brother is on the same boat as well. His passport has been dispatched from the embassy and he has yet to receive it. We are afraid he won't be able to make it before the 7th so I contacted the school and was advised the last date to register and attend classes is the 16th. He will miss his orientation tomorrow but was told is ok if he miss couple of days. One other option they told me was for him to defer his admission to next semester.

Did you ask for a deferral or just to extend your start date? How long of an extension did you request? We are afraid that he might face issues at the airport if he shows up after the 7th.

A.22

Jan 2, 2019
Hi A 22,

My brother is on the same boat as well. His passport has been dispatched from the embassy and he has yet to receive it. We are afraid he won't be able to make it before the 7th so I contacted the school and was advised the last date to register and attend classes is the 16th. He will miss his orientation tomorrow but was told is ok if he miss couple of days. One other option they told me was for him to defer his admission to next semester.

Did you ask for a deferral or just to extend your start date? How long of an extension did you request? We are afraid that he might face issues at the airport if he shows up after the 7th.
Which university is your brother joining? York is neither granting deferral nor extension.. they want me to reapply

CanuckGoose

Nov 5, 2018
Which university is your brother joining? York is neither granting deferral nor extension.. they want me to reapply
My brother will be attending York University.

I just received a response from York that I should contact my department and they should be able to tell me whether missing few days will be acceptable or not. I will be going to one of my brothers orientation tomorrow so will try to get more detail from the school.

Thanks

A.22

Jan 2, 2019
My brother will be attending York University.

I just received a response from York that I should contact my department and they should be able to tell me whether missing few days will be acceptable or not. I will be going to one of my brothers orientation tomorrow so will try to get more detail from the school.

Thanks
Whom have you spoken with at yorkU? My admissions coordinator is now telling that this happens to alot of international students and york doesn’t grant extension for arrival dates. She has marked my GPA in an email stating that she will deenrol my admission.

Please tell me whom should i talk to?

japneet kaur18

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hi Japneet, I just got email for Georgian college international registrar office stating that I can joining college by 11 of January (classes start at 7 of January). if it till then i didn't receive visa then I have apply for deferral.
They’ve mailed me that I’m supposed to start my classes till 18th January... otherwise deferral