+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for January 2019 status

Lubnakhan

Oct 22, 2018
My wife is in the similar situation...orientation is on January 2, classes begins on January 7. No visa yet....Applied November 5, Passed the Exam November 20......just waiting....Maybe we'll need to change classes to next season! Another option?
Ohh so your wife and i are in the same boat. I applied for extension to sheridan and they extended it till 11th January. I can go till 5th day from the classes begin. So try applying for extension. You applied from Hyderabad too? Keep me posted too.

Reactions: Philippe Rocha

saha.anupam93

Dec 21, 2018
Anybody applied for January 2019 visa . whats the status ?
I applied under the SDS my student visa from kolkata offline submitting all the docs at VFS kolkata on 3rd DEC.My medicals were done on 22nd NOV and i got the Copy of e-medical receipt with the UMI number on it which i attached with the VISA file.
On 13th DEC i received an Email from IRCC saying "AT this point of application process i have to undergo medicals " which i already did.They also sent an CLIENT MEDICAL BIODATA FORM with IME number on it.I was clueless what to do.I went to pulse diagonostics in kolkata where i did my medicals.They said everything is alright and i have to mail them saying them to club both UMI and IME number so that they can retrieve my medicals online.I did that and i also sent them a hard copy of both the emedical receipt and the client biodata form as well through VFS.
Online its still showing " We have requested for medicals "
and on the eligibility section its showing " we are reviewing your eligibility.Once a decsision has been made we will let you know by email"
What should i do now??
Please help as my classes are starting from 2nd JAN at lambton college toronto.

Lubnakhan

Oct 22, 2018
I applied under the SDS my student visa from kolkata offline submitting all the docs at VFS kolkata on 3rd DEC.My medicals were done on 22nd NOV and i got the Copy of e-medical receipt with the UMI number on it which i attached with the VISA file.
On 13th DEC i received an Email from IRCC saying "AT this point of application process i have to undergo medicals " which i already did.They also sent an CLIENT MEDICAL BIODATA FORM with IME number on it.I was clueless what to do.I went to pulse diagonostics in kolkata where i did my medicals.They said everything is alright and i have to mail them saying them to club both UMI and IME number so that they can retrieve my medicals online.I did that and i also sent them a hard copy of both the emedical receipt and the client biodata form as well through VFS.
Online its still showing " We have requested for medicals "
and on the eligibility section its showing " we are reviewing your eligibility.Once a decsision has been made we will let you know by email"
What should i do now??
Please help as my classes are starting from 2nd JAN at lambton college toronto.
Ask your counselor or any agent or someone in this matter. Some who assisted you in your visa filing. Its a bit absurd situation. Or contact the embassy through mail or something. Hope you get a solution soon! Don't worry. Have faith

saha.anupam93

Dec 21, 2018
Ask your counselor or any agent or someone in this matter. Some who assisted you in your visa filing. Its a bit absurd situation. Or contact the embassy through mail or something. Hope you get a solution soon! Don't worry. Have faith
My agent is also shocked to see this as this has never happnend earlier.Tried calling the embassy but in Vain as they donot entertain any calls from telephonic calls.Whom to approach no idea.Mailed them 4 times but no reply only the automated reply comes there.

Lubnakhan

Oct 22, 2018
My agent is also shocked to see this as this has never happnend earlier.Tried calling the embassy but in Vain as they donot entertain any calls from telephonic calls.Whom to approach no idea.Mailed them 4 times but no reply only the automated reply comes there.
That's really sad man. We're helpless. We can just wait.

Tanrain

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Fill the webform and attach the screenshot of your medical.

nafez.rafee

Dec 12, 2017
I applied for study permit on 5th of November. Processing time is now over so i did a case specific inquiry to know why there is a delay?
And they replied “ your application is pending officer review ”
My question is in which stage my application is stuck in? I am wondering if my secondary clearance is over.
Could you please help I need to know...

Reactions: Philippe Rocha
Dec 14, 2018
I applied for study permit on 5th of November. Processing time is now over so i did a case specific inquiry to know why there is a delay?
And they replied “ your application is pending officer review ”
My question is in which stage my application is stuck in? I am wondering if my secondary clearance is over.
Could you please help I need to know...
I applied on 5 November. Passed the Medical Exam on 20 November. Status = "WE ARE REVIEWING...."....stuck

Application step => Current status
Review of eligibility => We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results => You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents => We do not need additional documents.
Interview => You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics => We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check => Not applicable.
Final decision => Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:
Reactions: nafez.rafee
Dec 14, 2018
Ohh so your wife and i are in the same boat. I applied for extension to sheridan and they extended it till 11th January. I can go till 5th day from the classes begin. So try applying for extension. You applied from Hyderabad too? Keep me posted too.
I am from Brazil...applied from Brazil...What's apply for extension??? Class will begin on January 7 at Seneca College.

Dec 21, 2018
After a long wait I finally got my approval yesterday:)
Online SDS
Acknowledgement- 22nd Nov
Medical complete and app under review- 27th Nov
Approval- 20th Dec

One question though, How long does it take to get the visa stamped after the passport request? My classes start on the 4th of Jan and I am nervous about making it to the first day. Is it possible to travel before the new year?

Jassi033

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
After a long wait I finally got my approval yesterday:)
Online SDS
Acknowledgement- 22nd Nov
Medical complete and app under review- 27th Nov
Approval- 20th Dec

One question though, How long does it take to get the visa stamped after the passport request? My classes start on the 4th of Jan and I am nervous about making it to the first day. Is it possible to travel before the new year?
At what time you got approval and when you applied