+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for common law partner

zoenick

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Hi does anyone know what is required to obtain a open visa for common law partner when going to border with pnp support letter?
His name is not on the support letter even though it was on application.
I have been told it is possible to obtain a permit for both of us at the border?

zoenick

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
FYI
Have been to border to flagpole and was issued open work permit for partner for 1 year along with 1 year work permit tied to my employer.

R1982

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP-30Apr.14
Doc's Request.
18Oct.2014
Nomination.....
11NOV.2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
Med's Request
30April2015
Med's Done....
06May2015
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
16 Sept. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Sept. 2015
LANDED..........
01 Oct. 2015 PR Card Received-13Jan.2016
zoenick said:
FYI
Have been to border to flagpole and was issued open work permit for partner for 1 year along with 1 year work permit tied to my employer.
Hi Zoenick
Congratulation
Please can you tell me your partner in canada or outside of canada.
I want to know because my wife is in India and I am living in vancouver. I applied BC PNP on 30 April 2014 and if I got approval from BC PNP could I get open work permit for my spouse within canada. Or may be she has to apply work permit from India ....I am confused about it ......please anyone know that it's possible to get open work permit for both husband n wife with in canada even one spouse living outside of canada.

zoenick

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
We both went to border and flagpoled. It may depend what country you are from I believe. We are both from uk and have both been living in Canada since August 2013. Partner on tourist visa while I have been on iec visa.

emucas

Dec 12, 2014
Hi zoenick!
My boyfriend and I are planing to do a flagpole too. He got his work permit this October, but I wasn't included on the application because we were not common-law yet when he applied. We are now, and we have updated that info with BC PNP. We've contacted CIC ad they told as that we could do the same thing you did and get a work permit for me. Now the question is, what documents did you need to show at the border? We have the Declaration of common-law, bills, shared bank account. Is it 1 year that you need to have been common-law or 2? and do we need a letter from his employee saying that he's working there? I guess we'll also have to pay some taxes, what's the cost?
Any info will be very helpful, thank you so much

Chicco

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
I think its 2 years proof. bank accounts, land titles, billing statements etc and in my case they requested for a Statutory Declaration- of Common-law Union that has been signed and notarised. FYI I applied as single and included my partner and son in my application and when our provincial nomination arrived, they were instantly included as my dependents. might be a different document since you guys are already there.