+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa extention for inland sponsorship

Andy2007

Nov 9, 2019
Hello Everybody!

I have a question about my situation. I'm a Permanent resident here in canada and my wife is also here but as visitor on a TRV and she was allowed to stay in canada until 2020/12/29 but we requested for an extension (visitor record) in 2020/12/1 and as of today still waiting for a decision on it. Her purpose of travel was family visit and the reason we asked for extension was travel difficulties due to pandemic. But i'm going to send a package for inland spousal sponsorship alongside open work permit application to IRCC very soon.
Here is my questions:

1- I read somewhere that most of visa extension request will be approved if the reason for extending the visa is PR residency application in progress, should i wait for the previous visa extension application decision or do you recommend me to don't wait for the decision and send a new extension request with new reason (PR application in progress) instead of pandemic difficulties (since she is in implied status right now)

2- if the answer for the first question is to wait for the decision and do not send a new extension application and if she get refusal for visa extention is it going to impact her open work permit application?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everybody!

I have a question about my situation. I'm a Permanent resident here in canada and my wife is also here but as visitor on a TRV and she was allowed to stay in canada until 2020/12/29 but we requested for an extension (visitor record) in 2020/12/1 and as of today still waiting for a decision on it. Her purpose of travel was family visit and the reason we asked for extension was travel difficulties due to pandemic. But i'm going to send a package for inland spousal sponsorship alongside open work permit application to IRCC very soon.
Here is my questions:

1- I read somewhere that most of visa extension request will be approved if the reason for extending the visa is PR residency application in progress, should i wait for the previous visa extension application decision or do you recommend me to don't wait for the decision and send a new extension request with new reason (PR application in progress) instead of pandemic difficulties (since she is in implied status right now)

2- if the answer for the first question is to wait for the decision and do not send a new extension application and if she get refusal for visa extention is it going to impact her open work permit application?

Thanks!
You should send in your sponsorship application in as soon as possible and pay all the associated fees. You should update the request for extension (via webform ) and include proof that you have paid for the sponsorship application.