+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Extension

voicetel

Nov 11, 2012
I am a permanent resident and I am living with my fiancée. She's from my country and has a visitor's visa expiring in 10 days. We ended up not paying attention that we should request her visa extension 30 days in advance. Is it a good idea to explain in the request that we have been living together for 5 months and we are about to get married?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a permanent resident and I am living with my fiancée. She's from my country and has a visitor's visa expiring in 10 days. We ended up not paying attention that we should request her visa extension 30 days in advance. Is it a good idea to explain in the request that we have been living together for 5 months and we are about to get married?
You need to apply for an extension ASAP. It would have been better for you to marry during the 1st 6 months but yes you should mention that you are going to get married soon. We have seen others then delay their marriage and they eventually get refused so you should actually get married soon.

Reactions: voicetel

voicetel

Nov 11, 2012
You need to apply for an extension ASAP. It would have been better for you to marry during the 1st 6 months but yes you should mention that you are going to get married soon. We have seen others then delay their marriage and they eventually get refused so you should actually get married soon.
Thank you so much Canuck78. I gonna do that!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
To clarify, is her visitor status expiring in 10 days or her TRV?

Assuming you plan to apply for sponsorship, state that in the extension app. Pay the full $1040 PR fees and include a copy of the receipt.