09-03-2010
Med's Request
13-04-2010
Med's Done....
20-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Hi,

My sister have work visa till June 9 - 2011 and Work Permit till August 4 - 2011.
Can someone guide me on how to extend the visa till the work permit end date.

I would like to know the application form to be filled, any photos required? Does she need to send it to Buffalo office?

Please help!

Thanks,

Shubha

Dec 7, 2010
Hi

I have a similar query. Please share if you find anything useful. I wrote an email to the Buffalo enquiry and they told me to use the following guide, but I am not sure if the forms corresponding to this guide are appropriate for me because I am already working in Canada on work permit

cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Shubha.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
@judaN your sister dont have to re new visa unless she wants to travel outside canada... i suggest to renew her work permit fast before Aug bec the processing of extending work permit is so slow about 4 to 5 months check cic website.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I WANT TO SHARE THIS LINK WHICH I THINK MIGHT HELP:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/caregiver-faq15.asp

Frequently asked questions:
Working temporarily in Canada

Live-In Caregiver Program

Can I return to my home country for a vacation?

Yes, you can return to your home country for a vacation. But the length of your vacation should be written in your employment contract. If you take a longer vacation than you have agreed to in your contract, without written consent from your employer, you could lose your job in Canada.

Before travelling, you should check with your country’s government for information on visiting or exit visa requirements. These requirements could change while you are working in Canada.

Citizens from some countries and territories must have temporary resident visas to enter Canada. If you are from one of these countries, you may have to reapply for the visa before you can return to Canada. This could take time. Find out about the temporary resident visa requirement before you leave Canada.

If you stay outside Canada for more than one year or if your work permit expires while you are outside Canada, you will have to reapply to return to Canada under the Live-In Caregiver Program.

PLEAS NOTE YOU NEED TO HAVE A VALID WORK PERMIT IF YOU WANT TO GO OUT OF CANADA. ITS BEST TO MAKE YOUR WORK PERMIT VALID TO AVOID CONSEQUENCE IN THE FUTURE.