+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa expiry date

Aug 8, 2009
I am on the visa stamping process in Buffalo, NY. I would like to know how many days the visa stamp on the passport usually has before the expiry date.

Thank you for your advice!

Aug 8, 2009
Thank you very much for the information.
However, my medical exam was done long way back more than 1 year ago, and now I am sending my passport to the Buffalo office. Is there possibility that my immigrant visa be denied or I retake the medical exam? Or just so many cases are piled up there and no need to worry much?
Thank you!

Aug 8, 2009
Umm, let's see what they say. I am sending my passport to Buffalo this week. In case retaking the medical, the passport return might take longer than 15 business days, or my passport may not be back to me until submitting the medical??? I probably need my passport within a few months for the business... Thanks for your info.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

4771 said:
Umm, let's see what they say. I am sending my passport to Buffalo this week. In case retaking the medical, the passport return might take longer than 15 business days, or my passport may not be back to me until submitting the medical??? I probably need my passport within a few months for the business... Thanks for your info.
If you are in the US or Canada, Buffalo may extend the medical validity a couple of months to facilitate your landing.

PMM

Aug 8, 2009
Hello PMM,

You are right. Although my medical was done more than 1 year ago, the Buffalo office gave me the extension for the visa expiration date.
I submitted my passport to the office in the middle of August 2009. It got back to me in the second week of September 2009. The visa expiry date is a few days after Christmas 2009. I was given 4 months before landing in Canada. I am planning to land in Toronyo in October, 2009.
Thanks for your advice!