rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

So I just figured out that my post-graduate work permit expires tomorrow. Really, a stupid mistake! I read 20th June, 20th July!

I have already spoken to so many lawyers! First off, they recommend that I apply for a work permit, so I can still work under implied work permit visa while they are processing my application. I have been working for 10 months full time now, and if I keep on working for another 2 months I will be eligible for experienced class permanent residency. Secondly one of them advised me to send my application without LMO and compose a letter which indicates my mistake. Meanwhile my employer is going to apply for a LMO and as soon as I get that, I can send it to them.

Be honest with me, what are my chances? I am going nuts!

mapleplease

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING (Already in Canada)
I'm going to share my view based on the experience of others on this forum. Take this with a grain of salt.

Incase your LMO doesn't come through by the time your case is being reviewed, you'll be given a grace period after which the WP application will be rejected. You'll also lose your implied status immediately. But when you finally do get the LMO, you can apply again for the WP and start working once it arrives. In this scenario, you'll won't be able to work for the duration of second WP application.

That was the worst case. The best case is that your LMO arrives before WP case is reviewed and you get zero downtime.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Thanks man!

The truth can be so harsh sometimes. Specially when I look back at myself and see how much I suffered within these three years and how much I sacrificed to get this going! All day long I am just pissed at myself but no one else!

I haven't slept in 2 days now.

OK enough nagging! So I sent the application without LMO an hour ago. And my employer is going to get on the LMO as soon as possible. But I have one more question. What if I get rejected in say 2 months and by then I have done 1 year full-time work. Am I eligible to apply under experienced class? Won't they hassle that up because of my last rejection?

What are the options here?

mapleplease

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
From what I understand, sure you can apply for PR under CEC - as you don't even need to be in Canada to apply for it. All you need is a year of work ex in Canada. But you cannot apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit without a valid Closed Work Permit (if that's what you were thinking).

Excerpts from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, the applicants must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

mapleplease

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
Try to remain calm and relax. Cut yourself some slack. This can happen to anyone, and you can't change what's already happened. Just think of it as a lesson for the future.

Am I eligible to apply under experienced class? Won't they hassle that up because of my last rejection?
Note sure from a legal standpoint, maybe a senior can comment on this.