+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa duration

lavan33

Jul 9, 2013
Hi
I have applyed for may intake lambton college but i payed fee very late so my counsultancy says college deferred the sem to sept and droped visa on april 11 and got visa on april 30. My dout is i got visa upto 30/7/2015 only.so will high commision gave visa for may intake? Or i need to inform to the high commision to deffere? my counsultancy people are not avilable upto monday.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
lavan33 said:
Hi
I have applyed for may intake lambton college but i payed fee very late so my counsultancy says college deferred the sem to sept and droped visa on april 11 and got visa on april 30. My dout is i got visa upto 30/7/2015 only.so will high commision gave visa for may intake? Or i need to inform to the high commision to deffere? my counsultancy people are not avilable upto monday.
Hello, you should get a new acceptance letter from your college stating that you're beginning your program in September 2014 instead of May 2014. Then inform CIC about the changes in the entry period through (e-mail or case inquiry). They will update it on your file, but you won't need to obtain a new visa since your visa is till valid through September 2014. The visa you have is TRV for entry into Canada. Your actual study permit will be issued at the point of entry in Canada. If you have updated CIC and show the proper letter at the point of entry, theN your permit could be extended. However, if you're still issued with a study permit as approved before (which is unlikely), you could renew it next year before 30/7/2015. You can also renew your visa if you wish to travel to your home country and return back to Canada while you've a valid study permit and evidence of enrolment. However, if you have no plans to go home before graduating, re-newing your visa will be unnecessary as you only need study permit to stay in Canada if you're a student. I hope this clarifies.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My dout is i got visa upto 30/7/2015 only.so will high commision gave visa for may intake?
What is written in the letter you got from VO? You did not get a VISA yet but only a "Letter of introduction" (LOI), and it tells you that you should ENTER Canada by 30/7/2015. When you come to airport ("Point Of Entry" (POE)) only then you will get your "visa"- STUDY PERMIT from a border officer, and its' lengh will depend on what is written in your Letter Of Acceptance (LOA) from University.

Hello, you should get a new acceptance letter from your college stating that you're beginning your program in September 2014 instead of May 2014.
That's right.