+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA duration 6 months for 2 Year Program

gauravvns

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Hi,

My cousin got his TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) for 6 months only when he received his passport while his program is of 2 years' starting from Jan-2020.

We are confused what to do. I know he can get it extended after landing in Canada and college has also recommended the same.

But at the same time, college contact person told me an option where I can write to Delhi CIC office for correcting the validity of TRV.

BTW, his passport is not expiring in 6 months and has 6 years validity

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

My cousin got his TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) for 6 months only when he received his passport while his program is of 2 years' starting from Jan-2020.

We are confused what to do. I know he can get it extended after landing in Canada and college has also recommended the same.

But at the same time, college contact person told me an option where I can write to Delhi CIC office for correcting the validity of TRV.

BTW, his passport is not expiring in 6 months and has 6 years validity
The TRV validity has nothing to do with status in Canada.

His study permit will be issued by CBSA when he enters Canada.

gauravvns

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
The TRV validity has nothing to do with status in Canada.

His study permit will be issued by CBSA when he enters Canada.
Both things i Know that both are different and Study permit will be issued in Canada. But usually TRV duration is similar to program duration except cases where passport is expiring soon. In this case, passport is still valid for several years still he got 6 months TRV against 2 years' program.

What should we do? Raise query to someone or land in canada and then request extension of TRV?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Both things i Know that both are different and Study permit will be issued in Canada. But usually TRV duration is similar to program duration except cases where passport is expiring soon. In this case, passport is still valid for several years still he got 6 months TRV against 2 years' program.

What should we do? Raise query to someone or land in canada and then request extension of TRV?
A TRV is often issued for a much shorter length. There is nothing to be done but to apply for a new TRV when the current one is close to expiry.