+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Denied - What can we do so it does not happen again?

DJCat

Feb 21, 2017
My boyfriend was denied a visitor visa for reasons of travel history and personal assets and financial status. What travelling he has done has been within Africa to countries where he does not need a passport (he is from Tanzania) so there is no record of his travels - he has been to Kenya, Uganda and South Africa. With regards to personal assets he owns two farms and two residences (separate from the two farms) and he provided proof of such.

I know we need to build up his savings in his bank account - that is an area that is lacking right now but what can we do about his travel history? He is not likely to travel anywhere outside of Africa. Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
DJCat said:
My boyfriend was denied a visitor visa for reasons of travel history and personal assets and financial status. What travelling he has done has been within Africa to countries where he does not need a passport (he is from Tanzania) so there is no record of his travels - he has been to Kenya, Uganda and South Africa. With regards to personal assets he owns two farms and two residences (separate from the two farms) and he provided proof of such.

I know we need to build up his savings in his bank account - that is an area that is lacking right now but what can we do about his travel history? He is not likely to travel anywhere outside of Africa. Thanks
Travel history is usually mentioned due to a trip that doesn't add up with the financial status presented. For example, his income/savings are under 2000 CAD and he asked for 3 months visit. CIC would want to see proof of such kind of trips, where a TRV is needed and he stayed for 3 months. Most likely he requested a "visit" of several months. A visit should be short or long depending on his saving/income, most likely 2-3 weeks tops.

DJCat

Feb 21, 2017
He only asked for 22 days - so for that length of time how much should he have saved? Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
DJCat said:
He only asked for 22 days - so for that length of time how much should he have saved? Thanks
1k per week after accommodations.

That would give us 4000 CAD after airfare and hotel.

IMO 22 days, are a little too much to ask for, it is near a month. CIC would want to see an obvious financial stability to issue a TRV.

aron30

Nov 29, 2012
Jalex23 said:
1k per week after accommodations.

That would give us 4000 CAD after airfare and hotel.

IMO 22 days, are a little too much to ask for, it is near a month. CIC would want to see an obvious financial stability to issue a TRV.
Hello
My visitor visa was also refused for similar reasons, however in my case I do have funds and I requested 8 days. I obtained my gcms notes where the V.O stated I have no funds for travel, however my financial statements showed otherwise. I am currently employed full-time and own an apartment. Is there a way to contact CIC to inform them of such?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
aron30 said:
Hello
My visitor visa was also refused for similar reasons, however in my case I do have funds and I requested 8 days. I obtained my gcms notes where the V.O stated I have no funds for travel, however my financial statements showed otherwise. I am currently employed full-time and own an apartment. Is there a way to contact CIC to inform them of such?
If your TRV has alerady been refused then there is no point on contacting them.

DJCat

Feb 21, 2017
Some further information - I have now received the gcms notes and this is what they state:

"I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets to carry out your state purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure."

"Prev trvl limited. Modest employment income. Overall, PA has not demonstrated establishment in home country. Economic ties seen as week. I am not satisfied that if granted TRV subject will leave CDA when authorized stay expires. Refused"

My boyfriend is a safari guide who has been with his current employer for 7 years. He showed $3000 CDN in his bank account. When he is not working as a safari guide he is working on the farm he owns. One thing we did not do is show he has income from his farm (he raises pigs) as well as the rent he receives from a house he rents out. What else can we do to show strong economic ties?

His other ties to the country are very strong, all of his family (parents and siblings) including his 3 children are there (the youngest is 7), he owns two rural properties as well as a residential property in the city he lives in (we provided proof of this).

These are all of the documents that were submitted last time:

Visa application form
Family form
Document checklist
Consent to verification of documents
Passport + a copy
Birth certificate + copy
Passport sized photos (2)
Bank statement for the past 3 months
Letter from employer
Letter from lawyer attesting to the ownership of his property
Letter of invitation from my host
Copy of travel insurance
Copy of marriage certificate (his divorce is not final yet)

Additional documents that will be include for next time:

Cover Letter
Day by Day Itinerary

Is there anything else we can do to make his case stronger? Thank you in advance for your help.