+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Delayed - what happen if i get visa after college starts?

ishanf91

Aug 6, 2014
hi i apply for the visa on 18 july, and i still didn't received any decision from the embassy. i did my medicals on 1st august and they have received it on 5th august.

what happen if i get visa after college starts?

please advice

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
ishanf91 said:
hi i apply for the visa on 18 july, and i still didn't received any decision from the embassy. i did my medicals on 1st august and they have received it on 5th august.

please advice
If you cannot reach Canada before the start date indicated on your LoA given by the college, then there are 2 options:
1. Ask your college for deferral letter for next admission and reach Canada before your TRV expires - which means you will have reach Canada up to 1.5 to 2 months sooner.
2. If you do not want to do that, apply for study permit again for next admission with a new LoA.

ishanf91

Aug 6, 2014
option number 1 sounds good, what i have to do is, to contact college and get a offer letter for the next intake, and go for that before my trv expire right? usually how long trv is valid?

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
ishanf91 said:
option number 1 sounds good, what i have to do is, to contact college and get a offer letter for the next intake, and go for that before my trv expire right? usually how long trv is valid?
Just write to the international student office at your college explaining your circumstances and request them for a Letter of Deferral to next intake.

TRV is usually valid for 3 months (from what I gather from this forum), but when you get your passport back in your hands, you can check the validity of your TRV.

Avdhoot

Apr 2, 2014
Well mee 2 in same boat, my coll starts on 25 Aug no visa info yet applied on 2 Aug wats should I do???

Mr Singh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
To be Filed
Doc's Request.
Soon
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
Soon
IELTS Request
7.5,7,6,7=7
File Transfer...
Soon
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
don't know why CHC is doing this with us, after so much money and time invested ...... we r getting what baba ji ka thullu .... :eek:

Reactions: Gurjant singh11

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
ishanf91 said:
Thank u very much mate, y do they take long time to ?? and what is the process after medicals?
I applied on July 24 (General) and still waiting. :) My college also starts Aug 25 so I have no other option but to defer to Jan.

Did you get any email from CIC/CHC to undergo medicals?

Naina72

Jan 3, 2019

please advice
Can u please help I am in same condition my classes are going to begin from 7th January and today is 5 January I don't know what should I do now can you please guide me what to write in letter so that I can contact with college and get some extension

tarun9t9

Jan 6, 2019
Can u please help I am in same condition my classes are going to begin from 7th January and today is 5 January I don't know what should I do now can you please guide me what to write in letter so that I can contact with college and get some extension
I am having same problem. Still waiting for my visa. My classes will begin on jan 7. Really dont know what to do

tarun9t9

Jan 6, 2019
I have applied in Sault college on 6th December and yours college
I am going to Centennial college progress campus. Today got a connection who is working in embassy, had a word about this and she asked to wait atleast for a month