Feb 1, 2017
please anyone tell me my visa chances
10TH-78%
12TH-80% IN ARTS STREAM
college-humber college toronto
course-Tourism-Travel services management
is this course relevant??
ielts- 6.5 no less than 6
As far as your academics and ielts score are concerned, you may get visa.
There is noone who can predict your visa chances. As, people with 80+ marks and 7.0 overall got refused (rarely), and people with 55 % marks and 6.0 overall got visa.
Marks and band scores are key aspects what they see in your profile, however there are a lot more things which visa officer thinks before making a decision, like ties to your home country, course selection, financial status, and so on.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Is my course relevant or not??
There are many different factors that are observed in determining the validity of the course that one chooses to study in Canada. E.g. Your previous education if any, you stated that you're in the Arts area which is fine but at what level? i.e. Secondary, Tertiary etc.

If you have a Masters and apply to do a 2-year diploma then... expect a rejection. You must demonstrate in your choice, a course that will enhance or compliment in some way, your current educational background.

This is just one of many factors that the visa officer will consider as aforementioned. Their decision is based subjectively on the supporting documents you provide in your application BUT objectively, they will analyse and deduce based on their own reasoning when looking at your case in totality. They are trained also to rely on instinct which sometimes isn't the best route, for applicants anyway.

Best of Luck!

Aug 4, 2017
ludhiana
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
i also got offer letter from sheriden college for jan 2018 intake ...in mechanical technician after b.tech in mechanical because i have overall 6 band in ielts ....anybody repply me ..the chance of visa ?? or is it negative diploma after degree???

gaba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
i also got offer letter from sheriden college for jan 2018 intake ...in mechanical technician after b.tech in mechanical because i have overall 6 band in ielts ....anybody repply me ..the chance of visa ?? or is it negative diploma after degree???
If your diploma in sheridan is post secondary, then chances for visa are almost negligible. If its post graduate diploma, then you are good to go.
And please try to improve your ielts (if you can). Many people got visa with 6.0 after graduation, but to be on safer side, its better to retake ielts now (since you have enough time for application in january 2018)

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
@gaba I have economics, sociology main subjects
You have studied economics and sociology and you went for Tourism and Travel?

I agree with @gaba , he advised you right.

If you have already applied for the visa, then just wait. Thats all you can do as of now.

But if you are in process of applying, then you need to have a very strong letter of explanation to visa officer justifying your course selection, your future prospects and commitment to go back to India.
Also, Humber, Cambrian, Sheridan are becoming the Canadian version of Indian colleges, considering the influx of Indian students to them. So you can just hope for the best.