+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Category for visiting US

SunAg

Feb 1, 2011
I am not even sure if I am asking the question in the right forum but if you have any insight into it, please respond....

I have Indian passport and live in Canada on Permanent Resident (PR) status.
I currently have a valid B1 US visa which was required for my earlier business travels to US.

Now, if I plan to visit US for tourism/pleasure, will I need to apply for B2 visa?
If yes, what will happen to my B1 visa?

Thanks very much,
SunAg

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have only limited knowledge about US visa rules but in my point of view, you may be allowed to visit, if you have a valid B1 visa. You should be able to satisfy the officer at US boarder about the purpose of your visit and address where you are visiting. Try to secure an invitation for any potential business conference, meeting, trade show or as a business event attendee.

Please see other opinions if any.

SunAg

Feb 1, 2011
Thanks Wilson. This surely works as a "practical" solution.

I am still trying to understand, if anyone really wants to keep the purpose of the visit straight (which is not business but 'pleasure'), will he be really required to seek B2 visa or existingt B1 visa can officially work (I have doubts). In such case, does the person lose his B1 visa or both B1 and B2 can co-exist?

Sharing of any more knowledge or relevant link on it will be a big help.

Thanks !!

sweety86

Oct 16, 2011
i need your help.............its urgent!

;) I need your help
I want to visit my sister who live in USA. I don't have any passport because I was refugee in Africa. I have only PR. Can i go to USA? where can i apply to get passport or travel document and visa to go to USA? how much it costs? how long it takes?
Thanks

katie46

Sep 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
7-Oct-2011
Med's Request
25-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
5-April-2011
Are you living in canada?
If you are in canada , for travel you need travel document with no expense.

sweety86

Oct 16, 2011
;)Thanks
yes, am living in Canada. where can i apply to get the travel document? is there any requirements?
blessed day