+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Authorization letter

Japs123

Dec 29, 2017
There was a job offered to me and up until now we are still negotiating. I don't know if they are a scammers. But now they told me that I need to pay for my visa authorization certificate in the immigration office in their high commisioner office. Is this true ma'am/sir ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Sounds like a scam but share more information about the job offer so forum members can comment.

Japs123

Dec 29, 2017
It all started way back January 2017 there is this guy that just sent me a job offer and there's no job interview happen. I don't know him really at all its just a dating app. This guy is also my friend in Facebook cos he wants to contact me personally and I see in his profile has lots of overseas people who he also offered for a job he even posted that he is not a fraud and that he dont want to risk his future for making people fool. He has pictures in the hotel with workers that are already there. So for those time ive been in contactwith them to him and to the company email. He already told me that its only visa authorization they exempted to pay that it is my responsibility for overseas workers to pay the visa authorization. My plane ticket and hotel reservation and foods are given by the company so its free.They just give me a form and that I need to fill it up with my personal info so I print it cos they want it to be written and scan it and send it back to them. I already give lots of form already that are mostly my personal info until they want my scan passport and I also give it to them. And now I am in the processing of social worker in Canada and now I need to give another scan passport, job contract to pass to them etc. I ask the guy if ever I need to pay for the visa authorization where should I pay he said that in the immigration in the higher commissioner office. And there i have doubts about their job offer. So do I really need to pay for a visa authorization certificate or is it the company who should pay for that ? Is this a scam/fraud ? Please help me.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Still sounds very strange, which hotel is it , an international chain or small local given still sounds very much like other scams that have been posted here.

If you have been communicating with this person since 1/2017 that seems a long time for a scammer to pursue someone with a job offer real or fake. Generally employers of temporary workers should fund everything permit wise to employ someone and they need to justify not employing a local.

Is there a website link for the hotel you can share ?

There was one scam on here where people were offered a hotel job in Ontario and yet the website had pictures lifted from a hotel website in Sri Lanka complete with pictures of staff. The actual giveaway if I recall though was that the scammers had spent no time in modifying the text so implied there were elephants or some other animals roaming the area around the hotel.

Last edited:

Japs123

Dec 29, 2017
It's the grand hotel Toronto. And it was taking so long cos my passport was expired so I need to renew and the renewal takes so long so they wait for me.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As per the previous post almost certainly a scam as very unlikely a hotel such as the Grand would be recruiting through a dating app contact.

The giveaway will be the email address these people are using for any contact.

Japs123

Dec 29, 2017
Thank you guys for your replies and advice. I already stop talking to them cos they want me to pay in their western union account which is very confusing. So I stop communicating with them for few weeks now. Thank you for all the concerns.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thank you guys for your replies and advice. I already stop talking to them cos they want me to pay in their western union account which is very confusing. So I stop communicating with them for few weeks now. Thank you for all the concerns.
Paying via Western Union would have been the scammers payment method of choice to take your money and disappear. Might just as well have stuffed an envelope with cash and mailed it so count this as a lucky escape.