Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
Hey!

I would like to THANK everyone who helped me in this forum, the seniors (Regina, Mead, Neez, dok, etc) and UAE applicants, for providing helpful information and encouragement! If it wasn't because of this forum and the people who has never stopped replying, I'd probably still be having a hard time figuring out which steps to take for my application.

For your information, this is my second application for a study permit. My first application, for Winter 2014, was rejected due to insufficient funds last December 2013. I did not order CAIPS notes, rather seek help from this forum; submitted the same set of documents for my second application and added extra files proving the source of funds, taking into consideration few notes I got from here.

I re-applied on June 25, 2014 and got my passport request last July 27, 2014, after a month of waiting. We went directly to the embassy, because that's where I lodged my application instead of VAC (VFS), and submitted my passport. Surprisingly, I was asked to come back after a few hours (within the day) and finally got my passport with the stamped visa!

So here are the documents I submitted for your reference:

Abu Dhabi Checklist:
-Application Form
-Family Information
-Two passport photographs (full name, birthdate and signature at the back)
-Bank draft
-All black and white photocopies of my three passports (first and second [old] and present passport)
-Photocopy of my Letter of Acceptance
-Academic Documents (Secondary and Post Secondary Transcripts and Certificates/Diploma)
-Copy of Birth Certificate
-Custodianship Declaration documents (I am 18, and will be residing with my uncle and his family)
-Study Plan
-Proof of Sufficient Funds
POF from Parents:
  • Mother's Bank statement for 4 months (this is where all funds were kept)
  • Notarized Affidavit of Support from both Parents
  • Letter of Support from both Parents (mentioning I am returning to UAE or Philippines and that my parents have every means to support my education)
  • Salary Certificate of both Parents
  • 4 months payslips of my Parents
  • Loan Certificate
Uncle's Documents (who is residing in Canada with his family)
  • Notarized Affidavit of Support
  • Notarized Letter of Support
  • Bank statement for 6 months
  • PR and Operator's ID
Additional POF documents:
  • Confirmation Deposit Letter from College
  • Tuition Fee Receipt with attached Explanation Letter (because I paid fees in advance)

Additional Documents:
-IELTS Result photocopy
-My Emirates ID copy
-Parents Emirates ID, Passport and Visa copy
-Land title, for our property in the Philippines as additional proof of home ties

We used a personal loan to add up on what's saved in the bank, provided with a certificate/letter from the bank. The money was deposited to my mom's account only a few days before we submitted my application.

Also, contrary to the doubts about having relatives in Canada, my uncle still provided documents mentioned above to prove his financial capability to support me while I study there and reside with them. I guess the reason why this worked for me is because my ties to Philippines and UAE are stronger than Canada. I usually travel with my family going back to Philippines, my family will be staying here in UAE and we own some properties back home. Just make sure to weigh your ties between Home Country and Canada, and then see from there which one's stronger.

So yeah, here's my profile. I guess everything will work out if you're truthful with your application and you've submitted documents pertaining to Canada's requirements for a study permit, and always PRAY!

Congrats to everyone who received their study permit for Fall 2014! To those who haven't received theirs yet (and are still waiting), don't stop praying and have patience. Don't let anxiety get the best of you. To those who got rejected, don't lose hope! Instead of being down, use it as an encouragement to do all the best you can to make your second application stronger. Be sure to submit documents opposing the initial reason of rejection. God will give you everything you need in His perfect timing, so always trust in Him. :)

I'd still be lurking in this forum and try to help people as much as I can and share my knowledge about the application procedure as my way of giving back.

Reactions: masterfire

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
Congratulations buddy. Best wishes to you!! :)

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
aparna.bhardwaj said:
Congratulations buddy. Best wishes to you!! :)
Thanks bro! You too! Good luck with your studies ;D

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
chriscanada said:
Congrats ! :D did u get ur letter of intro ?
Hey! Thanks! Congrats to you too buddy! Hope you get your LOI and response from the embassy soon. Yeah I did. Check my reply to your post :)

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
shahid19091982 said:
Congrates
Hey, thanks buddy. Good luck with your application :)

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hey rcpp! Happy to hear about your success, congrats on your visa! :)

vengaty

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/14
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
02/09/14
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10/09/14
VISA ISSUED...
soon by gods will
LANDED..........
soon by gods will

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
humdrumdum said:
Hey rcpp! Happy to hear about your success, congrats on your visa! :)
Thank you po! I forgot to mention, the thread for Philippine applicants helped a lot too! God bless :)

vengaty said:
Congo man :)
Thanks buddy! Good luck with your application :)

k.m.elzeiny1995

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
abu Dhabi visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rcpp said:
Hey!

I would like to THANK everyone who helped me in this forum, the seniors (Regina, Mead, Neez, dok, etc) and UAE applicants, for providing helpful information and encouragement! If it wasn't because of this forum and the people who has never stopped replying, I'd probably still be having a hard time figuring out which steps to take for my application.

For your information, this is my second application for a study permit. My first application, for Winter 2014, was rejected due to insufficient funds last December 2013. I did not order CAIPS notes, rather seek help from this forum; submitted the same set of documents for my second application and added extra files proving the source of funds, taking into consideration few notes I got from here.

I re-applied on June 25, 2014 and got my passport request last July 27, 2014, after a month of waiting. We went directly to the embassy, because that's where I lodged my application instead of VAC (VFS), and submitted my passport. Surprisingly, I was asked to come back after a few hours (within the day) and finally got my passport with the stamped visa!

So here are the documents I submitted for your reference:

Abu Dhabi Checklist:
-Application Form
-Family Information
-Two passport photographs (full name, birthdate and signature at the back)
-Bank draft
-All black and white photocopies of my three passports (first and second [old] and present passport)
-Photocopy of my Letter of Acceptance
-Academic Documents (Secondary and Post Secondary Transcripts and Certificates/Diploma)
-Copy of Birth Certificate
-Custodianship Declaration documents (I am 18, and will be residing with my uncle and his family)
-Study Plan
-Proof of Sufficient Funds
POF from Parents:
  • Mother's Bank statement for 4 months (this is where all funds were kept)
  • Notarized Affidavit of Support from both Parents
  • Letter of Support from both Parents (mentioning I am returning to UAE or Philippines and that my parents have every means to support my education)
  • Salary Certificate of both Parents
  • 4 months payslips of my Parents
  • Loan Certificate
Uncle's Documents (who is residing in Canada with his family)
  • Notarized Affidavit of Support
  • Notarized Letter of Support
  • Bank statement for 6 months
  • PR and Operator's ID
Additional POF documents:
  • Confirmation Deposit Letter from College
  • Tuition Fee Receipt with attached Explanation Letter (because I paid fees in advance)

Additional Documents:
-IELTS Result photocopy
-My Emirates ID copy
-Parents Emirates ID, Passport and Visa copy
-Land title, for our property in the Philippines as additional proof of home ties

We used a personal loan to add up on what's saved in the bank, provided with a certificate/letter from the bank. The money was deposited to my mom's account only a few days before we submitted my application.

Also, contrary to the doubts about having relatives in Canada, my uncle still provided documents mentioned above to prove his financial capability to support me while I study there and reside with them. I guess the reason why this worked for me is because my ties to Philippines and UAE are stronger than Canada. I usually travel with my family going back to Philippines, my family will be staying here in UAE and we own some properties back home. Just make sure to weigh your ties between Home Country and Canada, and then see from there which one's stronger.

So yeah, here's my profile. I guess everything will work out if you're truthful with your application and you've submitted documents pertaining to Canada's requirements for a study permit, and always PRAY!

Congrats to everyone who received their study permit for Fall 2014! To those who haven't received theirs yet (and are still waiting), don't stop praying and have patience. Don't let anxiety get the best of you. To those who got rejected, don't lose hope! Instead of being down, use it as an encouragement to do all the best you can to make your second application stronger. Be sure to submit documents opposing the initial reason of rejection. God will give you everything you need in His perfect timing, so always trust in Him. :)

I'd still be lurking in this forum and try to help people as much as I can and share my knowledge about the application procedure as my way of giving back.
Hi rcpp ,

Did you get your letter of introduction ? If so how long did it take to get it ?

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
k.m.elzeiny1995 said:
Hi rcpp ,

Did you get your letter of introduction ? If so how long did it take to get it ?
Hey,

Yeah I did! It was kept in the same envelope with my passport when we took it in the embassy. Have you got yours yet?

therock

Apr 14, 2015
Hi rcpp,

I, like you faced a similar situation with a failed 1st attempt for my Canada Student Visa in Riyadh. However, after going through your post.. I took upon and learnt so much valuable information.

Thank YOU brother for the detailed info into every aspect of your application.

I got my VISA approved the 2nd time. And always and I mean always PRAY. Christ WILL listen when you pray earnestly and honestly.

Peace and God Bless

Tony

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
therock said:
Hi rcpp,

I, like you faced a similar situation with a failed 1st attempt for my Canada Student Visa in Riyadh. However, after going through your post.. I took upon and learnt so much valuable information.

Thank YOU brother for the detailed info into every aspect of your application.

I got my VISA approved the 2nd time. And always and I mean always PRAY. Christ WILL listen when you pray earnestly and honestly.

Peace and God Bless

Tony

That's really awesome! I'm glad I was able to help you and you found strength through prayer!!

God bless you on your studies!

therock

Apr 14, 2015
rcpp said:
That's really awesome! I'm glad I was able to help you and you found strength through prayer!!

God bless you on your studies!
Thank You Brother !! I got my VISA in just 8 working days, ha ! The Lord truly blessed me.

I even created a post on here "VISA approved in 2nd attempt" detailing my story. Trying to help other prospective students.
Hows Canada treating you thus far ?