+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Approved on 2nd Attempt under Non-Spp category

chetantayade

Dec 3, 2016
Dear friends & members of this forum my Study permit got approved today on the 2nd attempt under Non-Spp category.
Applied on 15th march 2017 got approved today on 5th may 2017
Previous application wad done on 1st december under Spp got rejected on 15th december 2017.
I want to thank all the members of this forum to encourage and inspire me to reapply.I would like to share my experience with everybody.

Jaishkumar

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
I got 2 times refusal reason is Same both the time *Other reason*
Rite now apply for CAIPS to identify specific reason and applying for September intake.

Are you also applieded for CAIPS

chetantayade

Dec 3, 2016
10th 60%
12th 48%
Diploma IT grade A
Diploma engineering 60%
Bachelors engineering 60%
Ielts 6.5
Work experience 3 +years

modyrose

Mar 23, 2017
That's wonderful news. If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason for refusal the first time. What did you do differently the 2nd time?

chetantayade

Dec 3, 2016
Jaishkumar said:
I got 2 times refusal reason is Same both the time *Other reason*
Rite now apply for CAIPS to identify specific reason and applying for September intake.

Are you also applieded for CAIPS
When i applied on 1st December 2016 i got rejection on 15th december citing "other reasons".I was depressed.
I immediately applied for CAIPS on 1st Jan 2017 and recieved them on 31st Jan citing "low grades,No SOP,not a bonafide student & i had been consistenly employed"

My brother wrote a strong SOP for me citing ecplanation for low grades,backlogs and futute plan.
My uncle made my file stronger by attaching his assets of over 1cr.

chetantayade

Dec 3, 2016
I did not changed my course although i had withdrawn and reapplied to other colleges but i eventually chose the same program i had previuosly applied

Tazim123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
chetantayade said:
Dear friends & members of this forum my Study permit got approved today on the 2nd attempt under Non-Spp category.
Applied on 15th march 2017 got approved today on 5th may 2017
Previous application wad done on 1st december under Spp got rejected on 15th december 2017.
I want to thank all the members of this forum to encourage and inspire me to reapply.I would like to share my experience with everybody.
Please check your inbox. It's urgent.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
chetantayade said:
10th 60%
12th 48%
Diploma IT grade A
Diploma engineering 60%
Bachelors engineering 60%
Ielts 6.5
Work experience 3 +years
Congratulations!
How is your IELTS in individual sections? Can you please share your final SOP that came out successful?
Thanks in advance.

chetantayade

Dec 3, 2016
Dear friends as you can understand i can't share the final SOP which i used in my application although i can share the rough draft i used in my SOP which was used to write my own.Please do not copy it word for word.
As you know my brother wrote my SOP he kept asking me why i choose this program and how it relates to my previous study with a focus on future oppurtunities in home country.Also if you are applying 2nd time please apply for CAIPS notes ASAP and figure out what was missing on your application and give a point by point rebuttal on your SOP.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To,
Visa Officer
Canadian High Commission
Subject: Study permit re-application for file number S301675120
I, undersigned R......would like to re-apply for my study permit in Canada after a refusal. I firmly believe in my eligibility as a genuine student who wants to study in Canada and attain international exposure and grow as an individual away from my family and friends. I have stated the reasons of my re-application in response to the refusal in my previous study permit refusal letter.
I have always been very enthusiastic and hardworking about my career and gaining global exposure is my foremost goal to move ahead in life. I kindly request you to re-consider my application as this will have a substantial impact on my future endeavours.
Education Qualifications
I pursued and completed my schooling from Navrachana School, Vadodara (CBSE, English medium) which is the 1st ranked school in Vadodara, 3rd in Gujarat and 95th in India. I scored 8.0 CGPA out of 10 in 10th standard (2011) and 74.4% in 12th standard (2013). I graduated from the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda (English Medium) in Bachelor of Commerce (2013-2016). The university is among the top universities in India and has a very tough scoring criteria with only around 50% students graduating at the end of third year.
I have always scored 5.0 and above grade points in all the subjects of 6 semesters during my graduation. I have always maintained my grades in core subjects like Elements of Statistics and Fundamental Accounting (1st Semester), Business Statistics and Financial Accounting (2nd Semester), Elements of Direct Taxes and Accounting and Finance for Services (3rd Semester), Elements of Indirect Taxes and Corporate Accounting (4th Semester), Financial Management and Retail Banking (5th Semester), Personal Finance and Investment and Financial Reporting (6th Semester).
Work Experience
I always wanted to utilize the most of my time and hence, to keep myself motivated and updated with knowledge, I decided to simultaneously study and work part time at Gupta Associates as an Account Clerk. I was given the responsibility of managing the cash book, bank book and client ledger accounts. I worked for a period of 2 years starting from 01/04/2014 to 31/03/2016 after which I started to work towards achieving my goal to study in Canada.
I successfully scored 7.5 bands overall in IELTS with 8.0 bands in reading and 7.0 bands in listening, writing and speaking respectively.
I applied for CAIPS note after the refusal of my study permit for September 2016 and January intake and carefully considered all the points before re-applying but got refused again but I want to learn and grow in life and hence I have chosen to re-apply considering all the points given in both the refusal letters.
Why Professional Financial Services and International Business Management (2 years), Fanshawe College
In response to the rejection reason: Proposed course is available in home country at a much lower cost
Courses in India are available at a much lower cost than Canada but cost isn’t a factor which made me decide my future. My family is financially stable and can afford my education in a foreign country and my dream to gain international exposure would have been hindered If I had chosen to study in India. Studying away from home inculcates individualism and makes a person independent. Moreover, Fanshawe college is one of the best college’s in Canada with skilled teachers and a very friendly environment.
Professional Financial Services course includes subjects such as Canadian securities, Insurance planning, Financial planning, Financial business planning which will not only benefit me professionally but also help me plan my personal and family finance back in India. Finance is a very wide area of study and has a lot of scope in India as it covers areas like Mutual funds, Insurance, Financial markets and Banking sectors. Where as in International Business management I would be getting insight knowledge about the international trade which will serve the purpose of my future goals. Subjects like International Trade finance, International trade management, International trade research would form a strong core for me to assist my father in his business after completing my education and provide me a great exposure for my ultimate dream of setting up my own business after having well versed knowledge and experience of years. Another striking reason for opting these two courses is their limited period of accomplishment. Indian institutes do not provide us with such unique combinations of courses within such a short period of time like 2 years.
One of the strong reasons for choosing Fanshawe is that I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Saurabh Malhotra who is the Admission advisor – Africa and Team leader – South Asia office of Fanshawe college. I received a visa support letter from Fanshawe college provided by him stating that the selected program is relevant as per my background and complements the academic qualifications held by me.
Why Canada
Canada is one of the safest and friendliest countries in the world. It is the only country which provides applied and skilled professional courses and is the hub for international students making it the perfect place to study and learn. The quality of education provided by Canadian colleges is outstanding and students from all over the world are welcomed here. I would experience a new culture while in studying in Canada.
Family Background
We are a family of four members. My father, Mr. Rakesh Rampal Gupta is a businessman taking care of the family business of Plywood Merchants. My mother, Mrs. Sarita Rakesh Gupta has completed her Masters in arts from Rajasthan University and is a home maker now. My brother, Rahul Rakesh Gupta is currently in 11th standard studying at Navrachana School, Vadodara.
Future Plans
India is a developing country with a pretty stable economic growth. After gaining international exposure and learn about the various methods of finance and international business management in Canada, I would assist my father in his business and subsequently start my own venture after a few years. The courses I will study will help me grab the financial as well as the managerial aspect of a business, making me an independent individual with a lot of knowledge to utilize. I would utilize my exposure and use it to my benefit by assisting my father in his business and ultimately start my own venture 5 to 7 years down the line.
How this application is different from the previous application?
In response to the rejection reason:
- Purpose of visit: The purpose of my visit is to study and gain international exposure and return to my home country and I have no personal ties in Canada.
- Your qualifications and previous studies: I completed my Bachelors in Commerce with zero backlogs and always scored 5.0 and above grade points in all the subjects and have achieved 6.0 and above grade points in my core subjects.
- Missing mark cards: All marks cards are attached which consist of 10th grade mark sheet, 12th grade mark sheet, ALL mark sheets of Bachelors of Commerce, IELTS score card.
- Gap in studies employment: There is no Gap in studies as I completed my bachelors in April 2016 and started preparing for my education abroad immediately. I worked part time at Gupta associates during my graduation to gain some extra knowledge.
- Level of establishment: My father is a well settled business man, running the business since more than 20 years and is also financially stable. All financial documents have also been attached with this application consisting of Bank loan, Income tax returns and Savings account balance which would be enough for my education in Canada.
- Language abilities: I scored overall 7.5 bands with 8.0 bands in reading and 7.0 in Listening, writing and speaking respectively in IELTS.
- Your future prospects and plans: My future prospects and plans are very clear and straight forward, I wish to return to India as soon as I complete my education. Studying in Canada is to gain international exposure and subsequently use that exposure to my benefit by assisting my father in his business and help him expand it and start my own venture after 5 to 7 years.

I have paid my college tuition fees of CAD$ 7,050 (Fee receipt attached) for September 2016 intake (Student ID- WC2016F1270) and then deferred my admission for January 2017 (Student ID- 0797387) (New offer letter attached) intake because of the refusal of my study permit. Also, I have deposited my GIC amount of CAD$ 10,200 in Scotia bank, Canada for my living expenses.
Please let me know on for any further information or document if required.
I kindly request you to consider the above mentioned points and review my application for Canada.
Best Regards,

godislove1234

Apr 29, 2017
HAVE CLEARED B.TECH WITH 56 % , also with 13 backlogs . And i want to apply to CANADIAN UNIVERSITY FOR A MANAGEMENT COURSE.

10th : 88 %
12th : 84 %
B.Tech : 56 % with 13 backlogs

MY PROFILE :

Certification courses:

1. Digital Marketing ( 6 month course ) - Certified by Internet & Mobile Association of India
2. Accounting for Decision Making from IIM Bangalore (online) - in Edx forum
3. Operations Management from IIM Bangalore (online) - in Edx forum
4. Marketing Management from IIM Bangalore (online) - in Edx forum
5. Visualizing Data in Excel from Microsoft (online ) - in Edx forum
6. Finance for everyone Specialization ( Consists of 6 courses ) from McMaster University, Canada ( online ) - in Coursera

Extra Curricular Activities :

1. State Project head for an NGO Project.
2. Started out a online business during my Engineering ( for which I can get a certificate from my college as a project)

IELTS - I am confident that I can score 7 ,7.5

Will I get a VISA approval for Non-SPP?? Kindly help me out!

chetantayade

Dec 3, 2016
godislove1234 said:
HAVE CLEARED B.TECH WITH 56 % , also with 13 backlogs . And i want to apply to CANADIAN UNIVERSITY FOR A MANAGEMENT COURSE.

10th : 88 %
12th : 84 %
B.Tech : 56 % with 13 backlogs

MY PROFILE :

Certification courses:

1. Digital Marketing ( 6 month course ) - Certified by Internet & Mobile Association of India
2. Accounting for Decision Making from IIM Bangalore (online) - in Edx forum
3. Operations Management from IIM Bangalore (online) - in Edx forum
4. Marketing Management from IIM Bangalore (online) - in Edx forum
5. Visualizing Data in Excel from Microsoft (online ) - in Edx forum
6. Finance for everyone Specialization ( Consists of 6 courses ) from McMaster University, Canada ( online ) - in Coursera

Extra Curricular Activities :

1. State Project head for an NGO Project.
2. Started out a online business during my Engineering ( for which I can get a certificate from my college as a project)

IELTS - I am confident that I can score 7 ,7.5

Will I get a VISA approval for Non-SPP?? Kindly help me out!
Nobody can say for sure that you will get a visa or not...you must apply with the best application you can put forward and hope for the best...its very nerve wracking but it is the deal.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
chetantayade said:
Dear friends as you can understand i can't share the final SOP which i used in my application although i can share the rough draft i used in my SOP which was used to write my own.Please do not copy it word for word.
As you know my brother wrote my SOP he kept asking me why i choose this program and how it relates to my previous study with a focus on future oppurtunities in home country.Also if you are applying 2nd time please apply for CAIPS notes ASAP and figure out what was missing on your application and give a point by point rebuttal on your SOP.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To,
Visa Officer
Canadian High Commission
Subject: Study permit re-application for file number S301675120
I, undersigned R......would like to re-apply for my study permit in Canada after a refusal. I firmly believe in my eligibility as a genuine student who wants to study in Canada and attain international exposure and grow as an individual away from my family and friends. I have stated the reasons of my re-application in response to the refusal in my previous study permit refusal letter.
I have always been very enthusiastic and hardworking about my career and gaining global exposure is my foremost goal to move ahead in life. I kindly request you to re-consider my application as this will have a substantial impact on my future endeavours.
Education Qualifications
I pursued and completed my schooling from Navrachana School, Vadodara (CBSE, English medium) which is the 1st ranked school in Vadodara, 3rd in Gujarat and 95th in India. I scored 8.0 CGPA out of 10 in 10th standard (2011) and 74.4% in 12th standard (2013). I graduated from the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda (English Medium) in Bachelor of Commerce (2013-2016). The university is among the top universities in India and has a very tough scoring criteria with only around 50% students graduating at the end of third year.
I have always scored 5.0 and above grade points in all the subjects of 6 semesters during my graduation. I have always maintained my grades in core subjects like Elements of Statistics and Fundamental Accounting (1st Semester), Business Statistics and Financial Accounting (2nd Semester), Elements of Direct Taxes and Accounting and Finance for Services (3rd Semester), Elements of Indirect Taxes and Corporate Accounting (4th Semester), Financial Management and Retail Banking (5th Semester), Personal Finance and Investment and Financial Reporting (6th Semester).
Work Experience
I always wanted to utilize the most of my time and hence, to keep myself motivated and updated with knowledge, I decided to simultaneously study and work part time at Gupta Associates as an Account Clerk. I was given the responsibility of managing the cash book, bank book and client ledger accounts. I worked for a period of 2 years starting from 01/04/2014 to 31/03/2016 after which I started to work towards achieving my goal to study in Canada.
I successfully scored 7.5 bands overall in IELTS with 8.0 bands in reading and 7.0 bands in listening, writing and speaking respectively.
I applied for CAIPS note after the refusal of my study permit for September 2016 and January intake and carefully considered all the points before re-applying but got refused again but I want to learn and grow in life and hence I have chosen to re-apply considering all the points given in both the refusal letters.
Why Professional Financial Services and International Business Management (2 years), Fanshawe College
In response to the rejection reason: Proposed course is available in home country at a much lower cost
Courses in India are available at a much lower cost than Canada but cost isn’t a factor which made me decide my future. My family is financially stable and can afford my education in a foreign country and my dream to gain international exposure would have been hindered If I had chosen to study in India. Studying away from home inculcates individualism and makes a person independent. Moreover, Fanshawe college is one of the best college’s in Canada with skilled teachers and a very friendly environment.
Professional Financial Services course includes subjects such as Canadian securities, Insurance planning, Financial planning, Financial business planning which will not only benefit me professionally but also help me plan my personal and family finance back in India. Finance is a very wide area of study and has a lot of scope in India as it covers areas like Mutual funds, Insurance, Financial markets and Banking sectors. Where as in International Business management I would be getting insight knowledge about the international trade which will serve the purpose of my future goals. Subjects like International Trade finance, International trade management, International trade research would form a strong core for me to assist my father in his business after completing my education and provide me a great exposure for my ultimate dream of setting up my own business after having well versed knowledge and experience of years. Another striking reason for opting these two courses is their limited period of accomplishment. Indian institutes do not provide us with such unique combinations of courses within such a short period of time like 2 years.
One of the strong reasons for choosing Fanshawe is that I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Saurabh Malhotra who is the Admission advisor – Africa and Team leader – South Asia office of Fanshawe college. I received a visa support letter from Fanshawe college provided by him stating that the selected program is relevant as per my background and complements the academic qualifications held by me.
Why Canada
Canada is one of the safest and friendliest countries in the world. It is the only country which provides applied and skilled professional courses and is the hub for international students making it the perfect place to study and learn. The quality of education provided by Canadian colleges is outstanding and students from all over the world are welcomed here. I would experience a new culture while in studying in Canada.
Family Background
We are a family of four members. My father, Mr. Rakesh Rampal Gupta is a businessman taking care of the family business of Plywood Merchants. My mother, Mrs. Sarita Rakesh Gupta has completed her Masters in arts from Rajasthan University and is a home maker now. My brother, Rahul Rakesh Gupta is currently in 11th standard studying at Navrachana School, Vadodara.
Future Plans
India is a developing country with a pretty stable economic growth. After gaining international exposure and learn about the various methods of finance and international business management in Canada, I would assist my father in his business and subsequently start my own venture after a few years. The courses I will study will help me grab the financial as well as the managerial aspect of a business, making me an independent individual with a lot of knowledge to utilize. I would utilize my exposure and use it to my benefit by assisting my father in his business and ultimately start my own venture 5 to 7 years down the line.
How this application is different from the previous application?
In response to the rejection reason:
- Purpose of visit: The purpose of my visit is to study and gain international exposure and return to my home country and I have no personal ties in Canada.
- Your qualifications and previous studies: I completed my Bachelors in Commerce with zero backlogs and always scored 5.0 and above grade points in all the subjects and have achieved 6.0 and above grade points in my core subjects.
- Missing mark cards: All marks cards are attached which consist of 10th grade mark sheet, 12th grade mark sheet, ALL mark sheets of Bachelors of Commerce, IELTS score card.
- Gap in studies employment: There is no Gap in studies as I completed my bachelors in April 2016 and started preparing for my education abroad immediately. I worked part time at Gupta associates during my graduation to gain some extra knowledge.
- Level of establishment: My father is a well settled business man, running the business since more than 20 years and is also financially stable. All financial documents have also been attached with this application consisting of Bank loan, Income tax returns and Savings account balance which would be enough for my education in Canada.
- Language abilities: I scored overall 7.5 bands with 8.0 bands in reading and 7.0 in Listening, writing and speaking respectively in IELTS.
- Your future prospects and plans: My future prospects and plans are very clear and straight forward, I wish to return to India as soon as I complete my education. Studying in Canada is to gain international exposure and subsequently use that exposure to my benefit by assisting my father in his business and help him expand it and start my own venture after 5 to 7 years.

I have paid my college tuition fees of CAD$ 7,050 (Fee receipt attached) for September 2016 intake (Student ID- WC2016F1270) and then deferred my admission for January 2017 (Student ID- 0797387) (New offer letter attached) intake because of the refusal of my study permit. Also, I have deposited my GIC amount of CAD$ 10,200 in Scotia bank, Canada for my living expenses.
Please let me know on for any further information or document if required.
I kindly request you to consider the above mentioned points and review my application for Canada.
Best Regards,

Thanks friend. Your SOP will be very helpful for many applicants.

chetantayade

Dec 3, 2016
modyrose said:
That's wonderful news. If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason for refusal the first time. What did you do differently the 2nd time?
after my visa was refused my brother asked me to file for CAIPS notes it took them 5 weeks to come.CAIPs notes said i have low grades,not a bonafide student and didnot submitted an SOP(which i had ???).
In the 2nd application my brother wrote the sop by giving point by point rebuttal to above reasons.