+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa approved, but already deferred my program intake

Baha.A.T

Star Member
May 18, 2018
hi guys
after a long wait i finally got my study permit approved today; however, i have already informed my college to defer my program till the next intake because the deadline to attend classes was on September 11th 2018
my issue is: i'm afraid that the visa will only have a validity till July 2019, and my program is yearly-based which means that my program will start on September 2019
What to do in this case, should i inform them and how?

ibrahim1246

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Nigeria
thanks for the reply, but wouldn't CIC know about that?
and wouldn't that raise suspicion and make CIC refuse future applications since i did not attend the same program i said i would?
You can't get a refund from any college/ University if CIC didn't refuse your application.. Only advice I have is for you to notify the embassy

Aloysprince

Aug 15, 2018
hi guys
after a long wait i finally got my study permit approved today; however, i have already informed my college to defer my program till the next intake because the deadline to attend classes was on September 11th 2018
my issue is: i'm afraid that the visa will only have a validity till July 2019, and my program is yearly-based which means that my program will start on September 2019
What to do in this case, should i inform them and how?
Please can you forward me you approval letter so I can see please?

Baha.A.T

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Please can you forward me you approval letter so I can see please?
well, it's not a letter. you will receive a message on your online profile containing a pdf file that tells you your application was approved and they require your passport to finalize the application
you should print the pdf and submit it along with the passport
it really has nothing significant